Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro app causing motion to be detected falsely when live feed viewed

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Margaretd76
Initiate
Initiate
When I open the Arlo app and look at my cameras it instantly starts sending me multiple notifications that motion is detected and nothing is there. This happens every time on every camera when I use the app. Please help. We just got these and I don't want to return them but I will have to if I can't fix this because I do t trust them and the notifications are driving me nuts.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This pops up now and then , but I don't have an answer... Maybe Netgear Support might.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Margaretd76,

Are you clicking live stream or simply opening the app? Which app are you using (iOS or Android)?

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button) allow the base to come back online and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Margaretd76
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your response.  We are clicking the live stream button.  We will try the reboot.

Also, we are having a problem where my husband's Geotracking on his phone is not working.  Everytime he comes home it sends me messages that there is motion detected in the house.

Any ideas how to fix this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Margaretd76,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC