Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
1971merccapri
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo pro 2 camera that only picks up 65 degrees of motion on the left side of the camera. The camera shows a full 130 degree picture but only picks up motion on the left side. I have repositioned the camera and turned up the sensitivity to 90%, but that has not changed anything. The camera is pluged into a solar panel so the battery is always charged. I have taken the battery out and rebooted the base station and sync the units together. When people walk by from the right to left, the camera will turn on when they reach half way thru the camera picture. It seems to work fine from walking left to right and will show people walking past the half way spot. If I were to plug in the camera and make the activity zone a wide pic, would it stay thay way when I plug it back into the solar panel?

Thanks Wayne

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IIRC, the zones are a feature that require ac all the time ( plugged in )... will not work on solar

Have you contacted Netgear... it may be defective

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1971merccapri,

It could be something at the location preventing the camera from detecting motion. Try the camera (temporarily) in a different location. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

thumshie
Tutor
Tutor

While this is for the original Arlo which only had 110 deg. view, the video states the PIR is only 80 deg.  Could it be that the Pro 2 also has a reduced FOV for PIR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFWGs232ThA

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's a new one to me. I've always believed that the PIR view was essentially the same as the optical view.

I do note that a 65 degree detection zone is exactly half of the P2's FOV. We know that the Pro series uses 2 PIR sensors although we don't know how they're arranged. I wonder if 1 PIR isn't working.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation