Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sensitivity - too many videos for one action

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Is there a way to adjust following....

Right now when I leave the house and get into car it records one video.

When I leave my driveway it records second video.

I guess when i get into car it doesnt detect any movement and it stops recording first video.

My Arlo Pro 2 is not plugged into power

7 REPLIES 7
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

I have the same problem, I'd prefer just one continuous video. Seems what is happening is when you get into your car the camera ceases to detection motion. The motion detection doesn't work through glass so even if you move around inside your car, the camera isn't detecting that. So the camera stops recording. Then when you drive off the camera jumps back into action. Recording even on the free subscription is free so don't worry about too many recordings. The notifications on your cell phone may get to you but that's the trade-off of getting notifications when you are away from the house. Maybe think of the two or three notifications you get as you leave the house as a daily test that the system is working. Be worried if you don't get the notifications. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a reset time between recordings of a few to several seconds. It may be better to increase the recording time to capture to whole event.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

There's a reset time between recordings of a few to several seconds. It may be better to increase the recording time to capture to whole event.

Agreed, it would be nice if we could set how long the recording continues after motion stops. I can walk up to my car, get in then the recording stops. I can drive off without any video of my driving off. Even on battery operated cameras around 10 seconds post-recording would be great. User setable would even be better. However this is up to NetGear to implement. 

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

i know but if i set x length of recording then no matter what happens  it will always stop at x time regardless if motion continues?

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

I'm thinking of a feature that doesn't exist yet. So the logic would go like this:

1. Record until no more motion is detected, then

2. Without stopping the recording, record for X seconds more

Say motion is detected for 15 seconds and I set X to be 10 seconds. With the current software the recording stops at 15 seconds. I would like to have 25 seconds of recording so another 10 seconds after the last motion is detected, or whatever I set X to be.

This is different from setting the fixed record time which is an existing feature now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The existing "record until motion stops" provides this capability. It stops recording for ~5 seconds after motion stops being detected. The issue is that motion has to continue to be detectable by the camera which many folks seem to have problems with. I've had 12-300 second recordings using this so I know it works but the continued motion detection can be a real issue as the motion stops or moves beyond what the camera can detect.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I have game cameras that handle this quite well.  Once a recording starts, if there is no motion for three seconds the camera pauses recording.  If motion resumes within the next 27 seconds, the recording starts again and is appended.  There is no recording during the time when there is no motion, so there is no hit on the battery life.  This pattern repeats, and you get a single recording as long as there is motion every 30 seconds.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation