Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

USB Wall Outlet for direct wire

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AaronHB
Follower
Follower

I am looking to purchase outlets to replace my existing outlets the have the USB built in and was wondering if anyone has done this and if these would work for continuos recourding/hardwire the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078853YKG/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvpv2_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=353465972...

This was i do not need to use the Power adapter it comes with. 

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have tested this and it does work for the Arlo Pro 2 cameras. It will charge as well as allow the features enabled by having permanent power attached. Be aware of warranty conditions when using Non Arlo products to power your cameras.

I assume this is an indoor application based on the outlet that you have pictured.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@Streak2 wrote:

I have tested this and it does work for the Arlo Pro 2 cameras. It will charge as well as allow the features enabled by having permanent power attached.

That's interesting. I was under the impression that it needed to be a Qualcomm type charger that output 9V to be able to charge the Pro cameras. Has that changed with newer firmware?

Streak2
Master Master
Master
As mentioned above. Pro 2 only not the Pro. Voltage must be around 5.2v to charge. Plug your Pro 2 into a usb port on your computer or other usb source to see for yourself.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Excellent. You are, as usual, correct. I normally only use the Arlo charger but using a 'normal' charger for the Pro2 yields charging and retains the 3s lookback

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation