Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RobertS2
Follower
Follower

I see that there is now a VMA4200C skins product - basically black skins but without the "hood" of the 4200B product.  These are being described as "V2" skins for the Pro and Pro2.  Were these intended to avoid some of the IR reflections and night vision issues that some have complained about with the hooded skins?  I'm trying to figure out which version to order, B or C.  I like the idea of the hoods for glare protection, and maybe better sheltering of the camera from rain.  But if there is a real issue with IR reflections, then maybe the new VMA4200C skins would be preferred.....

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertS2,

We do not recommend using the VMA4200B skins with the Arlo Pro 2 as doing so can causing issues with IR LED reflection when Night Vision is active. If you're using Arlo Pro 2 cameras, consider the VMA4200 and VMA4200C skins as they are designed with the Arlo Pro 2 camera in mind.

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy
Strangely enough NG is still pushing the original hooded Arlo Pro skins. Just got an email pushing Arlo accessories and those old skins are still suggested accessories!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The hooded skins should only be used for the Arlo Pro. The VMA4200C not only gets rid of the hood but covers the front bezel, which is white for the Pro 2

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@steve_twrote:

The hooded skins should only be used for the Arlo Pro. The VMA4200C not only gets rid of the hood but covers the front bezel, which is white for the Pro 2

So the hooded skins don’t affect NV with Pro? I ended up cutting the hood off one of mine as it made a big difference with NV, much clearer and sharper than before.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have a Pro with a skin and it definitely doesn't have the haziness that the Pro 2 with the skin has, but I haven't done a direct comparision of skin vs no skin. Have you got any pics?

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@steve_t wrote:

I have a Pro with a skin and it definitely doesn't have the haziness that the Pro 2 with the skin has, but I haven't done a direct comparision of skin vs no skin. Have you got any pics?

Sorry don’t have any clips around with the hood, trimmed it off a couple of months ago and didn’t keep any of the old clips (recently reformatted my usb storage). You can still compare by temporarily removing the  skin and take a night clip. Should notice an improvement, maybe not quite as noticeable as with AP2 but still clearer view.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation