Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion detection not working - Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
swolf76
Initiate
Initiate

Motion detection on one of my Arlo Pro 2 camera stopped working. I have tried running motion detection tests on the camera. The senstivity is set to 100%, but I still do not see a blinking light. I have two other cameras that came in the set and they work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Thermop4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just set up my 4 camera system this morning. One of my cameras was not detecting motion either. I called and will receive a new one when they receive the defective one.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync to see if that helps.

Dnmneil
Tutor
Tutor

@swolf76 wrote:

Motion detection on one of my Arlo Pro 2 camera stopped working. I have tried running motion detection tests on the camera. The senstivity is set to 100%, but I still do not see a blinking light. I have two other cameras that came in the set and they work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have had the same problem since yesterday. 2 cameras working the third the motion detection does not work. I have tried everything eg re syncing, delete device, re boot, charging the battery, turning up and down sensitivity and still no luck.  Only had the cameras 3 months. Any ideas?

Dnmneil
Tutor
Tutor

Who did you call Arlo or from where you bought it from? Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dnmneil,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Is the running man icon on the camera widget for the affected camera showing as gray or black?

JamesC

Dnmneil
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried the default and a custom one with same result....no detection.  The running man is shown as black

USA1000
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Was running 4 camera ARLO Pro 2 fine for about 1 month, now as of a few days ago 1 camera will not trigger on any motion (but otherwise runs fine).was there a recent update that occurred? I checked and reset everything, and reset video motion from 80% to 100%, but no joy.. running man is in armed position. How can I tell if motion sensor on this unit went bad?
swolf76
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you all for you advice. Here is what I did to fix the problem:

• I removed the device from the list of cameras.
  • I removed the battery from the camera and then reinserted it.
  • Finally, I resynced the camera with the base station, and viola, it is now working again!
USA1000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, I will try that
Dnmneil
Tutor
Tutor

I will try that. Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation