Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Until a few days ago, the microphone feature worked fine. I initially thought I may need an update, so I saw the app did require it so I updated.  I also restarted the base station, restarted my phone, uninstalled & reinstalled the app and the app has permission to use the microphone and it still will not work.  The resources here are useless...no customer service to talk to for help. Everything I've seen on the community indicates all of what I tried.

Anyone with the same issue lately? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have more information available on a fix, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. I've escalated this to the development team and this is currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Same here, stopped working several weeks ago after working fine.

Maxzor
Aspirant
Aspirant
It must be an app error.
If I use mobildaya 4g /5g my
app says there are connection errors, but I can talk into the microphone on the phone and it comes out fine from the camera.
If iam on the same wifi everything works well
1kimber21671
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having same issues. I just got a new phone too and now it says connection failed everytime i pull it up. I got a Samsung s20 fe. I did all the above trouble shooting without helping. Any ideas anyone?
1kimber21671
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i can hear but can't speak on the microphone. That is exactly what the message states. Please help!
1kimber21671
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i remember when that happened before but the mic was grayed out then.
neverbuyingarlo
Initiate
Initiate
This is great so many people have this issue its now 5-12-22 and the problem still has not been resolved. Bad enough that this arlo system is complete garbage their support is no better. The worst camera system out there. Arlo should just refund everyone and go into a different line or work.
Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ James C

This isn't good enough for a security camera system that charges a premium price and is supposed to be at the high end of the scale.

I'm out over £1300 for 4 x Pro 3 camera kit, plus solar panels, outdoor cables (which is utter nonsense) and extra mountings as you don't get enough in the kit.

Not mention the monthly subscription.

In any other area, we'd be offered free months of subscription for the inconvenience, but I can tell you this much, a class action suit is not far away, all it needs is for someone to be assaulted because the camera didn't pick up the intruder and the games over for Arlo.

In the US Netgear where getting hammered for the poor service and implementation and it was costing them loads which is the REAL reason they spun off Arlo, it was a liability to them.

My son recently had an amputation and I need reliable access to my feeds to keep tabs, no more excuses.

Arlo, get this sorted or roll back the last update or implement a feature which allows us to individually.

Maximus5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, the audio is not working. It looks like it's about to work and then I get a, " connection failed. Tap this message to retry" message. Tried all the things you've try to no avail. The support is pretty poor. Any other suggestions?
Riggs04
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is taking rediculously long to come up with a solution. Galaxy 21 here, mic still not working
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The fix for this issue should be available in the next version of the Arlo mobile app for Android (3.6.5). We expect this to be available very soon, I will provide an update here once more information is available.

JamesC

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice
In that case this thread can be tagged as answered once that update has rolled out and has been confirmed as a fix, too many time these threads are locked because Arlo just don't want to see the complaint count increase and this isn't a solution, it's info about a "possible" solution in the near future.,
Jeremyjens
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact issue here since a few days back
gmcjetpilot
Star
Star
Identical issue. I have Arlo Pro cameras and Samsung A23 Android phone.
ArloRS7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello it's May 15, 2022 is their a fix for the microphone issue and can we have a status update please.

Mstropical11
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, I'm having same issue for weeks 

Commish59
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the push to talk issue since 4-22-2022 with all 3 cameras. It works from my Windows 10 computer but not from my samsung S21 Ultra since the last update. Very frustrating since we were out of town when it qiluit working. Why not just go back to the previous version?
dobobull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue across all 4 cameras. Everything else on each camera is working fine from what I can tell. I can still record, still stream, and still hear sound when live streaming etc. When I press the mic, it loads the camera with the big mic button and then I press the mic again to speak, the error appears right away. Tap again to retry, same issue. Maybe this is a bug from a recent update maybe?

Draeday613
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any solution yet? My microphone hasn't worked for almost a month
weloveva2
Aspirant
Aspirant
same here,microphone doesn't work
Pamelalayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Until a few days ago even though it said connection failed I was still able to communicate through cameras. This has been going in far too long. Please fix communication abilities. There are no current updates available for home base.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

This is going to be a mobile app issue since from a PC works.  I too was able to press the mic button, and "race" it and press and hold it before the error appeared and the audio partially was transmitted to the camera but stopped once the error displayed.  Definitely an app issue.

Jharwell413
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same issue. Galaxy fe20
Pamelalayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
I FIGURED IT OUT! It does not show up under Google play as needing an update BUT if you search arlo in Google play an update is available. Once I did the update, everything worked as normal.
Pamelalayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Search arlo in Google play. An update is available that isn't in the regular update app section. Once updated it works perfectly!
Pamelalayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
I FIGURED IT OUT! It does not show up under Google play as needing an update BUT if you search arlo in Google play an update is available. Once I did the update, everything worked as normal.