Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Until a few days ago, the microphone feature worked fine. I initially thought I may need an update, so I saw the app did require it so I updated.  I also restarted the base station, restarted my phone, uninstalled & reinstalled the app and the app has permission to use the microphone and it still will not work.  The resources here are useless...no customer service to talk to for help. Everything I've seen on the community indicates all of what I tried.

Anyone with the same issue lately? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store (3.6.5). Please download the latest version from the app store and test your microphone again. If you still experience an issue, please let me know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have more information available on a fix, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. I've escalated this to the development team and this is currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
princess19713
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing is happening to me. I did all of the above as well. Uninstalled and reinstalled app, restarted base station, nothing is working. I continue to get the "connection failed" message. I am using both Galaxy S8 and S21

Serioo
Guide
Guide

I keep getting connection failed. Tap message. Is this a system issue. It was working fine yesterday

brandienichole
Initiate
Initiate

same. i keep getting connection failed. try again. i have never had this issue. i am using galaxy s21ultra

Hgitts
Guide
Guide
I I'm having the exact same issue you just described. Does anybody know a way to contact Arlo to get it resolved?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hgitts wrote:
Does anybody know a way to contact Arlo to get it resolved?

You need to use the support options in the app - googling for Arlo support will almost certainly lead you to a scam support site.

Unfortunately phone support now requires a subscription.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've tested this and i'm seeing the error message, but it appears to still be transmitting audio through the microphone. Is this consistent with the reports above? Is the microphone still transmitting but showing an error message saying "Connection failed. Tap this message to retry."

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Serioo,

Are you seeing this message when live streaming? Could you provide more details?

JamesC

Hgitts
Guide
Guide
No that doesn't work either.
Serioo
Guide
Guide
Message comes up when I try to tap on the mic. I can here from the other end, just can't talk. I have rebooted the whole Arlo system. Re did the Arlo app. Have permission on my phone for camera and mic. Still nothing
ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, that is correct in my case. I am able to hear audio, just not use the mic. The connection failed, try again message appears but never resolves the issue.
Hgitts
Guide
Guide
The same thing for me.
Harry_from_FIN
Initiate
Initiate

I also have S21 Ultra and the same problem, but it seems to be a bug in the Android application.

I tested via a browser at Win and the feature worded there. It means a bug at the Android application.

Hgitts
Guide
Guide
I just checked mine out and I confirm the microphone does work on my laptop but does not work on my phone app Android. So it must be an Android app problem. How do we go about getting that fixed?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. I've escalated this to the development team and this is currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

DeeZel123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same issues, and also completed all troubleshooting.

My partner also has the same Android phone as me although he seems to not have this issue. 

Harry_from_FIN
Initiate
Initiate

"I have had the same issues, and also completed all troubleshooting.

My partner also has the same Android phone as me although he seems to not have this issue."

Has your partner updated to the latest version of Arlo Android application?

I did not have a problem with the earlier version of the software.

Porkerm7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ssme here. Using Android S8. Tried rebooting and re-installing everything. Microphone says connection failed every time.
trakster55
Guide
Guide
I noticed tha Arlo app for my Samsung was updated 4/28/22. Can I roll back to an older version? This is similar to what happened in the past after a software update.
HH2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I have the Hard ware spec: VMB3500r4.  Not sure if that the Pro or Pro 2 model. Using my Note 10+.  Last few days, every time I pressed the Microphone I received "Connection Failed.  Tap this message to retry".  I would press the message and received the same error.

gioiarioia
Initiate
Initiate
Samsung Galaxy S8 - same
Serioo
Guide
Guide
Has this issue been fixed. Still waiting
DeeZel123
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears we both have the same version update.
3.6.4_28451
Released: 04/22/22
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HH2 wrote:

I have the Hard ware spec: VMB3500r4.  Not sure if that the Pro or Pro 2 model. 

Neither, you are posting the base station model.

If your cameras use four replaceable batteries, then you have the original Arlo Wirefree Cameras.

If they use a single lithium battery, then they would either be Pro or Pro 2 models.  There is a part number inside (look behind the battery) that starts with VMC.  You can also distinguish them from the bezel.

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

Serioo
Guide
Guide
Arlo pro 2