Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
trose348
Star
Star

been using arlo for 5 mons. lots of glitches with the app/ & iphone 7.............am thinking it's more the app............used to sign me in automatically when i pushed the arlo app button on my phone, now it only is saving the email address & not the password.  i have a red 'the username or password is incorrect' messaged EVERYTIME now & have to put the password in EVERY time now.  This just started happening & never happen before, it wasn't an issue before.  it seems when ever arlo does their updates, it screws a lot of things up.  i'm fairly tech savvy & have done everything & still can't seem to fix it.  Any suggestions?

61 REPLIES 61
R43
Initiate
Initiate
Reinstalling app has no effect - same problem.
Also don’t enable touch Id on an iPhone X - then you’ll need to reinstall the app in order to login in.
beakeru2
Guide
Guide

nevermind.. sending this piece of garbage back to amazon... Will be buying the reolink system

lundoctor
Star
Star

I thought it was fixed but not so.

App crashes after logging out and reinstalling with face ID on

Reinstall and does not remember password. 

This is a software issue after latest update and I suspect needs a programming fix by netgear.

Dr. Aaronson

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

IOS 11.3.1

Since recent arlo update, i have to enter my password in the app. Its getting annoying.

is there a setting i need to change?

i dont have this problem on my Android phs app.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @sethm1

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Log into the Arlo app and change your password.
  2. Explicitly log out of the Arlo app.
  3. Uninstall and re-install the Arlo app.
  4. Enter your login credentials and sign on.

This should resolve the issue of being prompted for a password each time. 

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

T2342344
Star
Star

I did the password reset/app reinstall on iOS exactly as instructed and still the same issue persists. 

Please do not mark this as resolved as this clearly is an iOS app software bug that needs to be addressed accordingly.

Arlo, please confirm this is noted and that will be corrected on next app release hopefully soon. But for everybody's sake please test, fix, test, fix and test before production deployment.

T2342344
Star
Star

Dear Dawn,

Steps above did not resolve the login issue. Please escalate this as bug to devs.

Arlord
Star
Star
Now i cant log in at all
sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope, that suggestion did not work for me either.

hoping this issue is escalated.

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

I spoke with a kind rep. at Amazon..

I explained the factory defect and even shared with her a link to this thread... Showing that Arlo is ignoring the defect..

She said we can return the product even if it was purchased outside of the 30 day grace period.. !!

Send them back now !!  This garbage is WAAAYYY to expensive to be giving us this trouble !! Not to mention being ignored by Support !! ..

Lisarodjons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not only is it not remembering the password, I’ve forced removed the app, redownloaded and it still showing 10 notifications, still doesn’t remember the password, and now can’t even select forgot password, it tells me no server name found.  I know my username and passwords, so what is up? It’s been on and off for a few days now. Please advise.

Lisarodjons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to log in to actually log out, to delete the app.  Getting error:  Sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.  Do you want to try again? Yes / No - doesn’t matter which I select, leaves this error on the app.   This is the case on ALL my devices: iPad, husbands iPhone and my IPhone (to which I’m an added user to the account, so have a different user ID/password).  None are working.  I’ve rebooted the Arlo base, my router/modem and all lights seem “green”, so should be good to go.  HELP????  I’ve had this system about a year and up until now, have had real no issues, except with firmware updates and calling “support” to only find out you are speaking with some guy that wants to sell you some “software” explaining them my network must have a virus, but he can clean it.  But, since I work for a infrastructure support company, I knew it was a scam.  Anyway - there is a problem and it needs to get fixed.  Thanks!!

lakjf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the app on my iphone and downloaded again from app store.  The issue of not remembering password continues.  Frustating.  

bripab007
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, the latest app update is constantly forcing me to re-authenticate upon launching app.

niki74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated the Arlo App on my phone yesterday and since then I can’t stay logged in.
Always ask for my password.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try to do factory reset on router see it works
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Arlord
Star
Star

ok. i do notice it happens everytime my iphone switches from WIFI to Cell (ATT). Also when i my iphone hands off between my wifi router and my extender on the other side of my house.

sylviabee
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue with the iOS app not saving my password. It coincided with having to change our passwords on 5/26/18. Using iOS 11.4 and Arlo 2.5.1. I opened a support ticket using Chat. They are going to escalate the issue.

I did find one workaround. If you click the "Forgot?" link on the login screen and then the "Back" link on the password reset screen, it then logs you in without having to input your password.

So, definitely seems like a bug. Annoying, but at least you don't have to type in your password each time. This also worked for my husband who was having the same issue on his iPhone.

Lanctthetank
Tutor
Tutor

Its the same on mine ive had enough might be time to get rid 

Nubz76
Aspirant
Aspirant
My login issue is that I have to type my password in every time I open the app. Prompt says wrong username or password entered. Type my password in and it works. I’ve never had to do this before.
trose348
Star
Star

tried going on chrome & not using the app, it was during the time where the 'hack' came w/ arlo..........2 days down, wow!  so if my house is broken into, & arlo is down again, oh well?  we paid good $$ for this!  will try loggin in w/out app & see if it's better...............will reply back when i have more info.  like we all have time to constantly baby sit arlo!  shame on their i t tech dept!

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had same issue it keep on prom day wrong password i had close the app reopen the app every time it say wrong password, also push notifications are wonky, they are not reliable, i had use email instead, their app had serious bug issue.
beakeru2
Guide
Guide

replying to the guy who made the comment that he notices the disruption between wifi and connected services..

Mine does this as well,  In ADDITION  to crashing without any change in service.. I can be sitting at my desk at work with one steady wifi connection and Arlo will crash every 30 minutes..

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

Thanks for taking the time to post your findings.. So far this has helped me to log back in much simpler than trying to

retype password each time..  The "forgot" method and then the back button logs you back in.