Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
trose348
Star
Star

been using arlo for 5 mons. lots of glitches with the app/ & iphone 7.............am thinking it's more the app............used to sign me in automatically when i pushed the arlo app button on my phone, now it only is saving the email address & not the password.  i have a red 'the username or password is incorrect' messaged EVERYTIME now & have to put the password in EVERY time now.  This just started happening & never happen before, it wasn't an issue before.  it seems when ever arlo does their updates, it screws a lot of things up.  i'm fairly tech savvy & have done everything & still can't seem to fix it.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo iOS app was released (2.5.2). Is this issue still being experienced on this latest version?

JamesC

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Arlord
Star
Star

Hello

Arlo app on iphone is suddenly not remembering me at login. app has not been closed or logged out. working fine up to this morning. 

balbs
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue. Just recently the app does not save passwords. I'm currently on iOS 11.3.1

Dbc516
Star
Star

Same here, just started today after updating app and logging out and then back in in order to restore push notification functions. Now I have to enter password to access app EVERY time. And also have one camera now going crazy with constant 5 minute recordings of nothing and constant notifications (fix one problem, create another). I have reduced sensitivity to 40% and it is still saying motion and recording constantly. Frustrated!!!!  These cameras actually worked pretty well for the first month, long enough to buy more for friends and family. Now we are beginning to regret the purchases. 

macsterisk
Tutor
Tutor
Kill app and relaunch, then it remembers password so must be a programming error in the “bug fix” update
Mfrigo24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. iPhone X user. App is no longer remembering password nor is it sending me push notifications when motion is detected. I have double checked my settings.
T2342344
Star
Star

Same issue here with iOS.

Dear Arlo, please confirm you have this severe issue under investigation.

After updating to 2.5.1 app no longer remembers login  and push notifications do not work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ive not been able to replicate an issue with the iOS app remembering passwords. For those experiencing an issue, try uninstalling the Arlo app and download a new installation from the app store. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

macsterisk
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC wrote:

Ive not been able to replicate an issue with the iOS app remembering passwords. For those experiencing an issue, try uninstalling the Arlo app and download a new installation from the app store. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

What data/settings will be lost on uninstall? Settings shows 22MB "Documents & Data".  Seems like a last resort - your app devs should be able to handle a simple app update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their apps, or are losing connection to their apps. We are actively working on this issue. Please stay tuned for more information.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates: App Login Issues 5/25/18

JamesC

Dbc516
Star
Star

Deleting th Arlo App and reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. Nothing was lost and on reinstalling the app I was automatically logged in as expected. 

Arlord
Star
Star

nah. i deleted and reinstalled too. seems like it worked at first. then swiped out of app and its still doing it for me

macsterisk
Tutor
Tutor

Delete+install worked for me.  FWIW, previously had Face ID disabled, after reinstall I was prompted to enable Face ID (even though the messaging is Touch ID - Netgear, buy an iPhone X to test with!) so I did and it logged me in automatically...didn't need to enter password.  Went into settings and disabled Face ID.  Switched between apps, killed and restarted, still logs me in automatically every time since reinstall.

macsterisk
Tutor
Tutor
Scratch that, it’s back. Still getting incorrect password error every other launch. Please fix!
trose348
Star
Star

Used to love Arlo, now not so much.  I have an iphone 7................there are SOOOOOOO many glitches w/ the Arlo app, why?  I will elaborate w/ the 2 current issues that have just arisen...........many more to talk about................1st when I clicked the app, it would INSTANTEOUSLY sign/log me in................this worked for a couple mons.  Now, since Arlo has done an 'update' there seems to be so many issues they have decided to implement.  Now when I push the Arlo app on my phone, it says incorrect passwd/or log in.................it has my email still saved, but the password isn't...........now I have to put in the password every time & it's a pain!  The other issue is the time stamp on my phone.  It shows an exact 3 hour difference on video vs libray.  So when I pull up the library & look @ the videos, it'll say 10 a.m. but when I play the video it says the correct time which is 1 p.m., exactly 3 hrs. different.  I have done a lot of things, such as delete the app, put the app back, clear the cache, re boot the base station, turn off the modem, turn off the phone, turn it back on..........WTH???  Any suggestions ????

Cgrsmkr
Guide
Guide
Same here. Started as soon as app was updated. Deleted and reinstalled app several times.. it works temporarily, then goes back to always wanting an input of password.
Cgrsmkr
Guide
Guide
Yes
lundoctor
Star
Star

Since app update have to enter password every time and when you turn on face id the app crashes and does not open.

Was working fine before last update

lundoctor
Star
Star

I unistalled the app abd reinstalled still have the same issue not rembering password and crashing with Face ID

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

Make sure before you uninstall Arlo, you explicitly log out. Then uninstall, and re-install the app, this worked for me. Let me know if those steps do not resolve your issue so we can dig further into it.

Sincerely,

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

MikeDn
Aspirant
Aspirant

In a very sensitive moments (when a stranger is at the door) the app suddenly decides that the "tocken is expired" and demands me to enter the password. This is extremely frustrating and could be dangerous! How I can disable this behavior?

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

I deleted app and reinstalled several times... Still does not remember password

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you explicitly log out from the app before reinstalling, as DawnM suggested?

beakeru2
Guide
Guide

yes sir....  I went to the settings / profile / and logged out ... 

Held the app icon until it started wiggling (allowing me to delete).. 

and then I re-downloaded it from my app store ( I have iphone X ) .. 

And on the 2nd attempt of viewing my cameras it made me retype password.. 

I never fully closed out the app after the reinstall.. So it actually logged me out, and then did not retain the password..other ideas ?

Frustrating, due to the fact that I am using this to supervise and elderly mom with early stages of dementia..

Stupid me had the bright idea to purchase NTGR stock a few days ago.. Guessing that was not a good long term idea..  

lundoctor
Star
Star

Face Id and remembering password working again. I followed the groups instructions and issue solved. Thanks

Log off before uninstalling. Then download and reinstall. 

Thanks for your help