Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wormo
Tutor
Tutor

I have four cameras recently two quit recording to the local library. I still get alerts with them just does not record to the library the other two work perfectly fine. This just started recently. Tried all the fixes mentioned in here and did not fix the problem. Sounds like it is a problem on the arlo side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wormo wrote:

No subscription I have them going to local recording to a hasp. the base is the 4000 I belieave cameras are arlo essentials with  the spotlight that re not recording. My Arlo pro 2 wireless are the two that re working correctly vmb 4000r3 is my base   

All recordings you see in the app or my.arlo.com are in the cloud.  The only way to see local recordings with the VMB4000 is to eject the storage, plug it into a PC, and look for recordings on the drive.

The Pro 2 cameras still have free 7-day cloud storage (until the end of this year).  But the Essential cameras never had that feature, and require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Hope it isn’t an early pro2 EOL.

Can you live stream the cameras and if so can you make a manual recording that shows in the cloud library?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wormo wrote:

I have four cameras recently two quit recording to the local library. I still get alerts with them just does not record to the library the other two work perfectly fine. This just started recently. Tried all the fixes mentioned in here and did not fix the problem. Sounds like it is a problem on the arlo side.

What camera models, and what model is the base?  Do you have a subscription for the cameras?

wormo
Tutor
Tutor

No subscription I have them going to local recording to a hasp. the base is the 4000 I belieave cameras are arlo essentials with  the spotlight that re not recording. My Arlo pro 2 wireless are the two that re working correctly vmb 4000r3 is my base   

wormo
Tutor
Tutor

I can livestream but no recordings and I get notifications but they do not record to the library on the two cameras. I have it setup for local recording to a hasp.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wormo wrote:

All recordings you see in the app or my.arlo.com are in the cloud.  The only way to see local recordings with the VMB4000 is to eject the storage, plug it into a PC, and look for recordings on the drive.

The Pro 2 cameras still have free 7-day cloud storage (until the end of this year).  But the Essential cameras never had that feature, and require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation