Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

if i upgrade to newer base station, would that improve responsiveness of older cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ec2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realize there's always going to be a bottleneck of speed somewhere - camera model, distance to base, my ISP, whatever the max speed ArloCo will allow a camera to transmit, etc, but all things being equal - will a brand new Arlo base station of any model higher than my current one (vmb4000v3 I think?) improve the performance of older Arlo cams? I've got pros & pro2's.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think you'd see any difference at all. If there is a difference due to newer hardware, the overall result is still swamped by all the other factors involved in how the system is architected.

szee
Aspirant
Aspirant

For what it's worth, I had the 4500 and 4000 at the same time and for whatever reason, I feel motion detection response was better with the 4500.  I originally had the 4500 installed with a two camera setup and when I switched base stations to the 4000, the video recording would start at least 6-8 ft later.  I have a post showing the start of the video clip with each station.  Same cameras were used at the same motion sensitivity setting 90%.  I opened a case with Arlo and got the usual runaround and ended up returning the 4000 4-camera kit.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation