Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone setting for Arlo notifications in DND mode?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Blackie808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if there’s a way to allow arlo push notifications when the phone is in bedtime/dnd mode? I want to know if the camera is triggered when in bed but not any other notification. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Blackie808 wrote:
Does anyone know if there’s a way to allow arlo push notifications when the phone is in bedtime/dnd mode? I want to know if the camera is triggered when in bed but not any other notification. Thanks

I don’t believe there is a native way to do this.  Some users have previously posted work-around techniques like creating an email account specifically for Arlo email notifications and then setting that up as a contact in your address book and allowing that “contact” to break through DND.

Try searching for notifications and dnd to see if anything pops up.

Blackie808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @AncientGeek - work-around is interesting but didn't want to rely on email.  I did Google around but it seems it's all or nuthin with iPhone notifications.  The way notifications work with iOS is really limited but unless Arlo does something smart to get around them then I guess we're stuck with it.  I can't even change the sound depending on the app generating the notification  😞

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Blackie808 wrote:

Thanks @AncientGeek - work-around is interesting but didn't want to rely on email.  I did Google around but it seems it's all or nuthin with iPhone notifications.  The way notifications work with iOS is really limited but unless Arlo does something smart to get around them then I guess we're stuck with it.  I can't even change the sound depending on the app generating the notification  😞

There are many complaints in the Community about this, though one member posted developer notes that indicated it may be possible for Arlo to at least offer a different sound for the notification, if they chose to do that.

I haven’t seen any indication from Apple that DND will offer more granularity for notifications in iOS 13 also.  It could be there, but it isn’t mentioned in their feature write-up.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation