Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPad iOS 12.4 - error when downloading multiple videos (cocoa error -1) using the Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

We tried to download 1 days worth of videos using the Arlo app on an IPAD with IOS 12.4 and this started but shortly afterwards failed with 'cocoa error -1' - any idea how to resolve that.

Downloading a small selection of videos seems to work without problem.

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@VeronikaTMoore wrote:

We tried to download 1 days worth of videos using the Arlo app on an IPAD with IOS 12.4 and this started but shortly afterwards failed with 'cocoa error -1' - any idea how to resolve that.

Downloading a small selection of videos seems to work without problem.

Historically, I have found downloading groups of videos and images to be problematic.  Ironically, I tested this just now and I was able to download several groups of videos with no problem.  My maximum group was 13 videos, so it wasn’t massive, but way more than I’ve ever attempted in the past.  It was much faster and each multi-select download occurred without an error.   I do believe I have seen the error message you reported at times in the past when I’ve tried downloading videos, but not this morning.

This was on my 11” iPad Pro running ios 12.4 and V2.7.12 (99) of the Arlo app.  My broadband connection has nearly 300MB download speed and nearly 12 MB upload speed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi VeronikaTMoore,

Which day were you trying to download your videos that gives this error? How many videos were you downloading? Does it happen when downloading videos from a day or two ago?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation