Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
autechpan
Follower
Follower

Just got the system.

I bought a 2tb USB drive.  It installed fine to the Arlo basestation.  Arlo basestation formatted the drive.  I understand that it uses FAT32.

We had an intruder last night and the cameras only put 3 seconds in the cloud because of an internet upload issue with our Xfinity internet.

I took the HDD off the basestation to see what was recorded there, but the HDD is not recognized by any of the 5 Windows 10 machines in my house.  Can't even see the drive.

is there normal?  am I doing something wrong?  what are other Windows 10 captives doing in this situation?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Been running a 32Gb speed stick, a 2TB drive is the max allowed by the base usb...

Unknown why your having issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Run a file system check. Did you remove the stick after using the unmount selection in Arlo or just yank it? The latter can cause file system corruption and there are other possibilities, too.

Use a command window (cmd.exe) and use:

chkdsk /f <drive_letter:> (be use to use the correct drive letter followed by a ":")

or

right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer (not IE) and choose Tools, followed by the file system check, allowing errors to be fixed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation