Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MBG1951
Guide
Guide

I recently purchased my Arlo Pro 2.  Love it, so far.  I did get an error message on one of the cameras   "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled."

What does this mean?  I plugged the battery charger into the camera but the error comes up and the battery is fully charged.  Advice from the community is greatly appreciated.

MikeG

11 REPLIES 11
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did you get the message while it was connected to power or after you disconnected and then reconnected it?

What version of firmware are your cameras running?

The Pro 2 have extra features that work when running on power, in earlier version of the firmware there used to be a message to warn you when the camera was not connected to power. 

I have not see these messages in a while, at least since the last firmware update.

MBG1951
Guide
Guide

Hi, Streak2

I am running firmware 1.124.1.0_15483.

I reset my router because the base station had a orange light (internet service).

Then I resynched it and the warning light went away.   So,I would say that's it?

thanks,

MBG1951

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Off a it's the Arlo genuine cable/plug it's recalled and a poor design, go for wassersteins.

Whichever one make sure you do insert and the micro USB pins are engaged, otherwise surprise it gets an error. But of patience and fiddling with care.
MBG1951
Guide
Guide

I do not think it was the charging cable. 

the error message went away after I resynched it.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go into the video settings for that camera and see if you set up any zones.

If you did, then if power is removed you will get the warning as zones will not work without external power.

MBG1951
Guide
Guide
It’s all coming together. Here’s what happened

I had set up a detection zone on one of the cameras and it required AC power to continuously monitor the zone. I did not realize that feature was necessary.

When I removed the zone monitoring feature the warning message for camera 3 went away. Another feature that I noticed was that the order of the cameras had reverted to the previous state. when I initialized each camera to synchronize each to the base station.

When a camera setting is changed to have an active monitoring zone, then that camera goes to the bottom of the the order. Of the device display.

For example, I had cameras in order of 1, 2, 3 & 4, in logical order. When I activated the monitoring zone on camera 3, then the order of the cameras in the device display changed to 1, 2, 4 and then 3. I did not notice this at first but later I discovered it when I did 2 things.

When I plugged AC power to camera 3 then the AC warning went away. But the order of devices was still 1, 2, 4 3. It was after I had eliminated the active zone monitoring for camera 3 that the order of the device display had reverted back to the logical order of 1, 2, 3, 4 that was initially set up when I synchronized the cameras.

My thanks to the Community for all the help rendered to me.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remember that you can change the device order under settings.

Well done for figuring this out.

Jambyus
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem, except there's no issue with my base. I upgraded to CVR right before this message popped up, and I have no activity zones set, Do my cameras need to be plugged directly into the wall or something?
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Yes. CVR is one of the features requiring continuous power. Plug in the supplied charger and the message will disappear.
Jambyus
Initiate
Initiate
Only problem with that is, my camera sits outside on the balcony, nowhere near a power source.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove zones and CVR and the message will disappear.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation