Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
skat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  They all record just fine except the spotlight camera which is also Pro 2.  It was recording just fine last week, but when I recharged it and put it back in its spot it is no longer recording now.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skat25 wrote:

I have four Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  They all record just fine except the spotlight camera which is also Pro 2.  It was recording just fine last week, but when I recharged it and put it back in its spot it is no longer recording now.

Does it livestream?

If so, can you make a manual recording?

skat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it does live stream.  I do not see where I can make a manual recording.  No option I can see that will do that

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skat25 wrote:

I do not see where I can make a manual recording. 

You should see a record control when you start the livestream.  After the stream starts, you'll see a circle with a dot inside right under the stop control.  Touch that, and it will start recording.  

If you see no controls, then just touch the video image and they should show up.

Monx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue (although with a regular Arlo Pro 2 not the spotlight one).

• I've tried resetting the base station
  • Tried turning the camera off/on
  • Tried disarming all devices and re-arming
  • It's plugged in (not on battery)
  • It works in live view and when I record from live view it adds the recording to my library but it doesn't appear to record/add the recordings to library for regular motion detections
  • All firmware is updated
  • My other two cameras work fine and add their recordings to library, it's just this one that has stopped for some reason

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Monx wrote:
  • My other two cameras work fine and add their recordings to library, it's just this one that has stopped for some reason

Try running the motion detection test

It's possible the passive infrared (PIR) sensor has failed. 

It'd also be useful to see if distance is a factor - possibly motion is detected at short range, but not farther away.  You might need to take the camera down to test this.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I generally find that I need to reset the pro2 cameras after changing the battery. 

You need to remain on the ladder and pull the battery again for 10sec to get the PIR sensor to start working again.

Firmware bugs that never get fixed is the issue. 

A bug is only a bug if the customer refuses to pay.

Monx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to follow up on this, I didn't get a chance to try any of the suggested fixes but my camera randomly started working and recording to the library again. * shrugs * 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation