Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1971merccapri
Follower
Follower

Should the pro 2 camera be plugged in and have the battery installed 24/7 or will this burn the battery up with the cord attached ? Should it be one or the other and not together except for charging only ?

Wayne

2 REPLIES 2
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No it will not burn up the battery. Theres a safety feature that when ac power is plugged into it it will only charge to 80%. In fact the only way to charge them to 100% is to take them out of the camera. It will work without battery also.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@1971merccapri wrote:

Should the pro 2 camera be plugged in and have the battery installed 24/7 or will this burn the battery up with the cord attached ? Should it be one or the other and not together except for charging only ?

Wayne

Depend on your setup.. It's ok if you decide to plug it in with battery inside.. It will not burn the battery but it would also be good if you let the battery run itself too to have its life-cycle.. The best way to do this is to get yourself a smartplug and set a schedule when you want to run battery only and when to start charging them.. This is my current setup and it works very well for me. It helped me alot with the previous firmware which it made the batteries drain for a short period of time.. I would definitely recommend this kinda' setup if you have access to neareast outlet.. Goodluck!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation