Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

solar panel charging issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mchit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I've an Arlo solar panel connected to one of my Arlo pro2 cameras.

It was charging the camera battery in the first week and then it stopped charging.

I am getting the following message :

"A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults."

I've reported the charging issue to netgear and i have been working with Netgear technical support for the past few weeks.

Each discussion ( thru live chat), i always give them my case# , hoping that i don't have to repeat my case.

However, i am still being asked the same questions and being asked to perform the same/similiar tests.

On 5/29, i reported the solar panel charging issue.

Netgear support asked me to do some tests to narrow down the issue.

i told them i don't have a ladder, so i need to borrow a ladder from my neighobur,  and then report back later.

On 6/1,  i reported the initial test result and being asked to do more testing.

i told Netgear support that i prefer to so all the tests at once as i don't have a ladder.

They are very polite and agree. 

On 6/5, I finished the next set of tests  and reported the results.

Netgear support asked to do some more tests .... some are repeatedly again.....

On 6/6,  i reported the test result again, and again Netgear support ask me more questions/tests.... 

Netgear support also suspect it could be a charging cable issue, collect all the informations  and said will notify me and send me a replacement cable.

On 6/14  after wait for a week without hear anything , i contacted netgear support.

Netgear support pull out my case and said the replacement ticket have not been process, 

but it will be process in the next hour, and i will be notify.

On 6/21 i still didn't hear anything from Netgear, so i contacted Netgear live chat again.

this time after the live chat, i finally received  a RMA. however, they require me to pay shipping to send them the defective product back. 

My questions

1) is it normal to have the customer pay the cost of shipping defective product even though it is still under warranty ?

2) If i knew that i need to pay for the shipping cost, i'd have just return it to bestbuy to get full refund, however, now that it' past 30 days, what is my best option now ?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) yes with some companies... Normal with Netgear

2) If you can't return it , you don't have much options other than RMA

Now as to the Original post... Have you tried the solar panel on the other camera? Have you switched batteries with the other camera and tried again ?  Some times it is the port getting water in, try and dry with blow dryer.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mchit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I thought the arlo pro2 system (including the solar panel) is weather proof as it claimed ?

let me try dry the connection port with blow dryer to see if that help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

fairly weather resistant, but sometimes it has happened....

I use coax seal on my cams ( sort of water proof putty that can be removed later if needed )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation