Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
morgantg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logged in today and got a message- 

"A firmware update is required for your base station and camera. Let’s start with the base station."

Clicked on " Update base station" and dialog box opens with "Are you sure you want to update to 1.16.2.4_3503?"

Clicked "Yes"  get "Firmware update is in progress" and then error message "base_station_ error_4403".

Suggestions please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deblou
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just phoned technical support.  Take the power lead out of the back of the base station then plug back in.  All sorts will happen with the lights but bear with and when all lights are back to normal, ie 3 green lights firmware will have downloaded.  Mine is fine now.  Problem was with the firmware apparently !!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Same message on our unit as well - all Arlo apps report about this.

When we select the My devices, select the base unit and Device Info, it shows update is available with the version as mentioned 1.16.2.4_3503 and file name VMB4000_basestation_1.26.2.4_3503_agen_3_2_7-rc1.

Selecting the update firmware option does nothing - don't even err the error mentioned in the title of this thread.

Our units are both VMB4000r3.

We suspect it's a pre-release update that's been rejected.

The issue we want fixed - BTW is to have the doorbell calls working on Android again, recent IOS update make it work from that.

For now - only thing to do is ignore the warning.

Malmokalle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem since this morning. It´s not possible to ignore, the text is blocking the life-stream. Error 4403 is displayed. What to do?
KR > Kjell-Arne

Deblou
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got exactly the same problem, don’t know what do do !!!

Deblou
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just phoned technical support.  Take the power lead out of the back of the base station then plug back in.  All sorts will happen with the lights but bear with and when all lights are back to normal, ie 3 green lights firmware will have downloaded.  Mine is fine now.  Problem was with the firmware apparently !!

morgantg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed your instructions. Lights blinked in various combinations for about 5 minutes before got all three green lights. 5 cameras now back in operation- Thanks

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo says update firmware base station, I’ve done what it says, but it won’t update. Why?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try a reboot via the power button... then mostly the units get updated at early morning.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Malmokalle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Arlo is up and running. But I don´t think I have the new software in the Base-station and in the cameras. It started up normally in a very short time.

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you all the suggestion fixed it.

Have a nice day.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation