Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

automatically have one camera "turn off" during the daylight hours but then turn on in the evening?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lilypadfrog
Guide
Guide

Is it possible to automatically have one camera "turn off" during the daylight hours but then turn on in the evening?  I thought there was a way to schedule this.  I have two cameras and only want to schedule the one.  My problem is that this particular camera is going off 70 - 100 times a day due to birds building nests or going to my neighbor's bird feeder.  I figure if it's just off during the day, I will save the battery and my sanity (at least during the day).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what custom modes are for. There are FAQs here with full details but basically use the Mode tab, click on your base and create one or more custom modes. When you create a new mode, a rule for one camera is added. To add more, re-edit the new mode. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. So, your daytime mode would have only one camera in it (the one not constantly being triggered) while another would have both cameras. Then place the second mode in the schedule from 12:00AM to whatever stop time you need. Also place the same mode from a start time till 11:59PM. Then place the single camera mode in the daytime slot not occupied.

lilypadfrog
Guide
Guide

I'm afraid that I don't understand.  I did go to Modes and clicked on the base station then attempted to create custom modes.  What I saw in the schedule though confused me.  It essentially said my base station was armed Mon - Fri from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  I think I ended up in the wrong place.  I can ask my daughter to review your reply to see if she can set this up.  She will be over this weekend so I will keep my fingers crossed. 

Thank you for your reply, Jguerdat.

Lilypadfrog

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lilypadfrog,

Take a look here for more information on how to configure your schedule: How do I configure and use the Schedule option?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation