Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
dms12
Follower
Follower

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!  How do you poor saps who purchased Arlo get support?  I was on hold for 38 minutes and went from 8 to 7 in th queue.  This is just to ask a few questions before I purchase.  How in the world can I justify purchasing anything from a company that wont even answer the phone!?

11 REPLIES 11
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's really no better here either. Incredibly slow at responding, if at all. At this stage, I couldn't recommend this system whilst after support is so poor. I'm literally paying for a service that I can't use and can't unsubscribe to without doing a charge back. Trying to engage support and not getting much back.
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

Yep, it's a total joke!!

I have tried via emails to Netgear...nothing.

I have tried via phone support...support?! Nothing but staying on hold for hours to a queue that never moves.

I have tried via live chat...never loads and if it does load by chance, keeps saying no one is available.

As a last resort have reached out via their Facebook page but again, I'm not holding my breath.

Netgear & Arlo's customer service is non-existent. Put simply, they couldn't give a crap about their customers!!

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have to agree, Netgear customer support is the worst of any company I’ve ever worked with. I will not recommend Netgear products to anyone.
NY486CAP
Aspirant
Aspirant

The WORST Customer Service Ever!!! Where is the quality control manager? 

My next call is the Better Business Bureau....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the long wait and poor experience. This topic has been escalated to management and we're currently looking into the reports of long wait times.

I encourage you to ask any questions you may have about Arlo here on the community and we'll answer as soon as possible.

JamesC

Fnasir45
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's been more than a month you said you are looking, I have been on phone wait list for almost 2 hours and I moved from 9th to 4th place and still on hold. Hope I knew Netgear was 3rd class in support before I purchased.
Fnasir45
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: And 1 hour later still on phone I'm still 4th in line. Amazing experience... Not sure why I'm not hanging up maybe I want to set my record 🙂
Fnasir45
Aspirant
Aspirant
2nd Update: spoke to support after 2.5 hr wait, and she trickly hung up on me. Netgear brand leaving long lasting bad impression.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fnasir45,

Were you contacting support using one of the channels available in the link here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Also, if you would like to ask your question here on the commuity, we would be happy to assist.

JamesC

Feduplooking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am I ever glad I found this forum! I was seriously considering the Echo 2 Pro after my recent attempt at getting two Nest cameras to work properly, ie. stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. After 2 days I returned the Nest cameras. It looks like the Echo is a no go as well. Are there any cameras with a high profile name that actually work without problems? I’m beginning to think not. I for one want wireless devices to work properly with NO problems once plugged in and I have a number of those.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Feduplooking wrote:

Am I ever glad I found this forum! I was seriously considering the Echo 2 Pro after my recent attempt at getting two Nest cameras to work properly, ie. stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time.

I assume that you mean Arlo Pro 2.

@Feduplooking wrote:

Are there any cameras with a high profile name that actually work without problems?

You will always find people with problems. But they are usually far outnumbered by the people who happily get on with their lives and their working cameras.

However, the chance of seeing problems may be higher for someone who has already had difficulties with a different brand. That is because the problems that hit the first brand may have had nothing to do with the cameras, but with the system it was supposed to work on. 

Then there is the possibility that someone who cannot get one brand to work will have difficulties with another brand because of gaps in their technical skills. But that one should not be a factor in this case because these things are supposed to be easy to set up.

Given the limited information in your message, especially your network, it is anyone's guess as to how you would get on with Arlo cameras. For me they work just fine. Well, most of the time.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation