Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo camera pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
timnelson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not currently paying for a subscription to record events 24/7.  My camera was on one week ago and I need to capture what happened on that date.  Does Arlo automatically store events for a certain amount of time even if I wasn't paying for it, and can I "back pay" and start a new subscription for last week and the months to come?

Tim Nelson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timnelson wrote:

I am not currently paying for a subscription to record events 24/7.  My camera was on one week ago and I need to capture what happened on that date.  Does Arlo automatically store events for a certain amount of time even if I wasn't paying for it, and can I "back pay" and start a new subscription for last week and the months to come?

If you have an older camera (pro, pro 2, and some other models), then you have 7-day cloud storage.  However, once the video is automatically deleted, it is gone.  Subscribing won't bring it back.

If you have a newer camera (pro 3, pro 4, ultra, essential), then you need a subscription for any cloud storage.  In that case, the video is simply never stored.  So subscribing now won't help in that case either.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timnelson wrote:

If you have an older camera (pro, pro 2, and some other models), then you have 7-day cloud storage.  However, once the video is automatically deleted, it is gone.  Subscribing won't bring it back.

If you have a newer camera (pro 3, pro 4, ultra, essential), then you need a subscription for any cloud storage.  In that case, the video is simply never stored.  So subscribing now won't help in that case either.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation