Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ctirado619
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently, most likely with the latest App update, when I select a video recording from a certain device, recording from another device is shown. This started happening about 3 days ago. I've rebooted my phone, hub and cameras, but newly recorded video from cameras from selected devices is from wrong camera.

Happens with both arlo pro2 and ultra 4k cameras.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctirado619 wrote:
Recently, most likely with the latest App update, when I select a video recording from a certain device, recording from another device is shown. This started happening about 3 days ago. I've rebooted my phone, hub and cameras, but newly recorded video from cameras from selected devices is from wrong camera.

Happens with both arlo pro2 and ultra 4k cameras.

Is it possible that the recording from the wrong camera has the same timestamp as a recording from the desired camera?

Also, are you using cross-triggering?

ctirado619
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I'm using cross triggering, and the mixed up captured video do involve the cross triggered cameras. Most likely as you mention, time stamp issue. Is there a way to avoid this issue other than by disabling camera cross triggering?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctirado619 wrote:
Yes, I'm using cross triggering, and the mixed up captured video do involve the cross triggered cameras. Most likely as you mention, time stamp issue. Is there a way to avoid this issue other than by disabling camera cross triggering?

I don't know of any workaround.  Hopefully Arlo will fix it soon.

ctirado619
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Arlo, this seems like a basic fundamental problem since cross triggering has been suggested on other posts due to the delay in recording. This wasn't happening before so basic sanity testing doesnt seem to have been tested with latest app. I hope Arlo can resolve quickly or the cameras are going back to Costco. To o expensive to buy 4 arlo pro2s and 5 ultra HDcameras to be having this basic issue with same time stamps, cross triggering, and or displaying wrong video.

Thanks
Wallace1
Tutor
Tutor

The library recordings are playing the incorrect video with cross triggered cameras on Android phones.  It works fine with a lap top and a iPad. I have called customer support and was told they have not received any other complaints.

ctirado619
Aspirant
Aspirant
Right. I am using a Samsung Note 8 (android version 9). I guess I'll call customer support and complain.

Thanks
garryfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem on an Arlo pro setup using the Arlo app on a pixel 3a Android 10.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation