Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide

Hello, my camera will not detect motion.  I've had these cameras about 4 months and one of the two has recently stopped detecting motion.  It doesnt even work for the motion detection test.  I have powered everything down and reinstalled/resynced and nothing.  I will not detect motion.  I can record on live and it will detect sound to record but not motion.  Any suggestions.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide
Well miraculously tonight my camera started detections motion again. It’s been laying on the table since this started and now it works again. I guess Arlo May have figured it out.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Gloryrob
Star
Star
I’m having the same problem. One of my five cameras is not detecting motion or anything not receiving any alerts after the new update.
brh
Master
Master

Have you tried removing and re-inserting the battery in the camera to force it to reboot? If so, you might need to remove the camera from your system and then add it back in.

Brian

Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide
Hi Brian, I didn’t try removing the battery but I have removed the device from he systems and reinstalled. Also removed their base(whole system) and started over. Nothing has worked.
Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide
From the looks of all the post. Seems we’re not alone.
brh
Master
Master

@Tamanaca00

True, it could be the latest firmware. Try switching a good camera with one that is not working and see what happens.

Brian

ArloPro2-2
Tutor
Tutor
Same here - I have 2 cameras and both detected motion when I set them up for the first time. One of the cameras forced a firmware update and it hasn’t detected motion since then. The other camera has had no update and works perfectly. Can the Arlo tech’s please work put a firmware update to fix this asap?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What mode are you using? (the default "Armed" or a custom mode)

If you create and use a brand new custom mode with rules for motion detection, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

Gloryrob
Star
Star
I’ve used the armed settings by itself as well geofencing settings. And still does not recognize any motion and not receiving any motion alerts. I pulled out the battery from the camera to reset it nothing happened. It stoped recording after I did the new update couple days ago
ArloPro2-2
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JamesC,

I’ve tried Armed and custom and still no motion detection 😞

Gloryrob
Star
Star
Hmmm!!! Other posts are saying they are having the same problem with the camera they have CRV service on . My front garage out of my five isn’t working that’s the one I have CRV service on . All the rest are detecting and sending me alerts . There’s definitely a problem with the new updates messed up CRV features
Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide
How do we contact net gear/Arlo regarding this. I think I need a new camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Tamanaca00
Guide
Guide
Well miraculously tonight my camera started detections motion again. It’s been laying on the table since this started and now it works again. I guess Arlo May have figured it out.
ArloPro2-2
Tutor
Tutor
I’m sending mine back - very disappointed that this can’t be fixed. No solution offered on this forum. Communications seem to have ceased from Arlo. I guess you get what you pay for and I’ll be opting for a more expensive wired solution from an established brand.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ArloPro2-2

What firmware is your base station & cameras currently running?

Gloryrob
Star
Star
Well this is what I figured out . My only camera that wasn’t recording or sending me alerts was my front garage camera where I have CVR service to it . So what I did I canceled my CRV service for about three weeks or so . In those three weeks my camera started to send me alerts and record. Just today I added CRV service again to my garage camera. And once again I’m not receiving alerts or recordings from that camera. Something happened with the last update or something going on .
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation