Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Window reflection where camera mounted inside and at night, shows reflection of itself

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my camera mounted inside and at night the camera only shows a reflection of itself. Are there settings to be changed so that it looks out the window?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Madmom2,

Be aware that motion detection does not work through windows reliably. You can read more about it here: Does motion detection work through glass or windows?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Q camera will work well thru glass as it uses pixel change for detection ( not PIR , glass blocks IR )

Also make sure there is no back lighting and camera lens right up to glass IF viewing only

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Can I add a Q camera to my Pro2 system? Are they compatible?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madmom2 wrote:

Thank you. Can I add a Q camera to my Pro2 system? Are they compatible?

You can have a Q camera and Pro 2 cameras on the same account.  The Q doesn't connect to a base station, it connects directly to the Arlo Cloud.  The Q connects via WiFi, the Q+ connects via either wifi or ethernet.

Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

And does the Arlo Q support CVR?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Q does support CVR. You can read more about CVR here: What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Q seems to be working much better, but there are still times at night that I can only see the camera's reflection, and not outside. Any suggestions on settings that need to be adjusted?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madmom2 wrote:

The Q seems to be working much better, but there are still times at night that I can only see the camera's reflection, and not outside. Any suggestions on settings that need to be adjusted?

This can of course happen if the room is lit (at least I often can see my own reflection in the windows after dark).  There aren't any settings in the camera that would help - it will capture whatever light reaches it.

You could try angling the camera differently, or maybe putting it in an enclosure of some kind that blocks the room lighting.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation