Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my camera mounted inside and at night the camera only shows a reflection of itself. Are there settings to be changed so that it looks out the window?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Madmom2,

Be aware that motion detection does not work through windows reliably. You can read more about it here: Does motion detection work through glass or windows?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Q camera will work well thru glass as it uses pixel change for detection ( not PIR , glass blocks IR )

Also make sure there is no back lighting and camera lens right up to glass IF viewing only

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Can I add a Q camera to my Pro2 system? Are they compatible?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madmom2 wrote:

Thank you. Can I add a Q camera to my Pro2 system? Are they compatible?

You can have a Q camera and Pro 2 cameras on the same account.  The Q doesn't connect to a base station, it connects directly to the Arlo Cloud.  The Q connects via WiFi, the Q+ connects via either wifi or ethernet.

Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

And does the Arlo Q support CVR?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Q does support CVR. You can read more about CVR here: What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

Madmom2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Q seems to be working much better, but there are still times at night that I can only see the camera's reflection, and not outside. Any suggestions on settings that need to be adjusted?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madmom2 wrote:

The Q seems to be working much better, but there are still times at night that I can only see the camera's reflection, and not outside. Any suggestions on settings that need to be adjusted?

This can of course happen if the room is lit (at least I often can see my own reflection in the windows after dark).  There aren't any settings in the camera that would help - it will capture whatever light reaches it.

You could try angling the camera differently, or maybe putting it in an enclosure of some kind that blocks the room lighting.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation