Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
follyrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was wondering if there were plans to include HomeKit compatibility for the Arlo Pro 2.

Geelo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I see the questions end Oct 24th but when is the contest?
Would love to win a Pro 2 with 1080p.
winjack1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are Arlo Pro 2 cameras the same size as Arlo Pro and can they use the same skins? 

FaSSt2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the motion detection still the same on the Pro 2? Is it still just infrared/heat based? I love my Arlo Pro kit, but I would like to put some cameras behind windows and currently motion detection doesn't work behind glass. They work fabulous outdoors though!

Ramonsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very happy to see Arlo Pro 2 released and wondering if I can upgrade my Arlo Pro to Arlo Pro 2? Is there a way for those Arlo Pro users to upgrade to 2 without purchasing entire Arlo Pro 2 package?

laser2191
Aspirant
Aspirant

I love my Arlo Pro cameras.  However, I have one that says it charged, but will not sync with the base station unless it plugged in?  It has the latest firmware, I've changed the battery and it works in another camera.  Any ideas?

kuroda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello  

Please compare Arlo pro 1 vs Arlo pro 2 kit?  Is customer support open 24/7?

SpudKiwi
Tutor
Tutor
Will the arlo pro2 have any spider deterrent features to stop them building webs all over the front of the camera?
rosng
Aspirant
Aspirant

New home. Need security cameras. Found out about Arlo Pro 2 after going through multiple dealsites, review sites, and videos. Then found this giveaway ending today - it's meant to be! Looks like Arlo Pro 2 addressed most of the cons in videos, but did not seem to touch on security of the camera. Is there now an improved option for reducing ease of theft of camera? And are there any improvements on ways to extend battery life without being continuously plugged in?

kuroda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo 2 have free support if the wireless camera is not working?

egflo94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has the camera antenna range/strength  ncreased at all?  The range seems short on the original arlo pro.

petedude
Star
Star

Do the Arlo Pro 2 cameras include the option to place a timestamp directly on the footage (required by police etc)?

parttime2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the arlo pro 2 be added to my 5 camera system if so will it recorded all the time and let the other 5 recorded on motion also if it does can it be set up  on a schedule?

TimMarsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

How strong is the magnet? Or rather, will it stay in place, outdoors, in strong winds?

martykelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

question was... will arlo pro 2 work  instantly or is there a delay

I have owned my arlo system for aprox 1 month. I have 5 cameras total including the new Arlo Pro 2.

I love the wireless system and the smart phone  features.

I have noticed about a 3 second delay in recording on all of the cameras.

For example, If a delivery is made at my front door, I will typically see the back of the delivery persons head as they are leaving.  Any tips on getting an instant recording would be greatly appreciated.

vampyren
Guide
Guide

Why bother making this post when there is ZERO interesst from Netgear to communicate with the people. This only shows how bad the support is.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please enter me in the contest, thanks.

I have just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 and I will be adding it to my existing 4 Arlo Pro cameras.

I have a single Base Station but now considering adding a second to improve WiFi coverage.

I have an external hard drive connected to my existing Base Station. If I add a second, and a couple cameras sync with it, will me existing hard drive capture the data from those two cameras or must I add another external drive to the second Base Station?

Thanks