Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
kirk604
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is activity zone only indoors?  Please enter me in sweepstakes.  Thanks!

alf64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can i setup zones in this model??  The baterry is better?

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will there be more iterations of the arlo system such as 4k and higher frame/bit rates?

bobthegolfer
Aspirant
Aspirant

mobyhack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't think of any questions that haven't already been asked; lots of good Q&A going on here.

SAMANTHA708
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • We are putting in A pool and my husband travels. I want a system to watch outside while I’m by myself and to make sure kids are not jumping in the pool when we are gone.  Would you suggest the Arlo 2 or a different model.  I have been looking at different brands, and it’s between Arlo and another.  I’m in marketing, so the reviews carry less weight with me.  If I won, I could always add more cameras!

BretD wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

evilinsano
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will the Arlo Pro 2 be fully compatible with Samsung Smartthings?

xsjx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the annoying, ticking clock sound that you get when viewing in live mode, fixed on the new Arlo Pro 2?

dtpmontagman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to decide between this, the old Arlo Pro, and the Arlo Q. I would like to know more about the look-back feature. I know it needs to be plugged into power for that feature to work on the Pro 2, but does it also need a CVR subscription? I've read conflicting reports about that. Also, if you could answer the same question as it pertains to the Arlo Q and why the subscription may be needed for one but not the other (if that is the case), I would appreciate it.

(Of course, if I happen to win this, I will gladly take it and live with whatever the answer is.)

Tom06
Apprentice
Apprentice
As dtp asked, is a crv subscription required for the 3 second look back feature? James from Netgear says that it is required, but then we see a statement from a user who says his Arlo Pro 2 has the look back feature with just the basic subscription plan. Can you use the Arlo Pro 1 outdoor power adaptor with the Arlo Pro 2 Camera? We read of a user who says he is doing just that, but then we read that at this time outdoor ac power is not supported be the Arlo Pro Camera. Very confusing! Please clarify. Thanks.
DG123
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station keeps disconnecting even though everything is running fine according to the Fa 'acceptance and troubleshooting tips
MrMonkeh
Tutor
Tutor
Will advanced users be able to choose the Arlo wifi channel?
cocharlie1776
Initiate
Initiate

Enter

danielcastro200
Tutor
Tutor
I’m in for the sweepstake
rkphelps
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is what I have been looking for, it checks all my boxes. I hope they have long battery life and stay connected.

Twong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it Arlo Pro 2 come with bigger battery? How long will be last?

cocharlie1776
Initiate
Initiate

Lazybird01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, with the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras do you guys plan on releasing any new fireware updates to address the bad night vision problems? I bought the 4-pack of Arlo Pro cameras and love them. I do wish I could zoom in and read a cars plate numbers that is in my driveway but I also understand that the FOV is much wider. 

Also, do you see 4K video coming in the next year or two from Netgear/ Arlo?

Thank you,

Dave

Ericha
Initiate
Initiate

How long is the cable from the Solar charger to the camera ?

Can the Solar charger supply power to 2 cameras ?

Thank-you for your answer !

ryanriverdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking forward to learning more about the Arlo Pro 2 and compatible 24/7 cloud plans while plugged in. Also in for the giveaway, Thanks!

vampyren
Guide
Guide

@BretD

What is the point of this thread when no one ever answer anything (ok maybe 1/20 and by other people not official people or yourself)

Sorry but this is one other thing i must complain about. The support and staffing is quite bad with Arlo. I called the Swedish support line waiting over 1 hour 30minute the first time and over 40 minute the next time and no one answered. Extremly poor support. Dont seem there is a change still. 

I dont want to play nice for the win here, i really like Netgear products like the router as they just work. With this  product line not so much. To many issues and the lack of support is not comforting. For Netgear to be successful there has to be much better support. Also as i mention in my previous comment the pricing for live stream need to be lowered + we need ONVIF . 

mkymsehi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Arlo 2 camera work with the Arlo 1 base?  Or does a complete new system have to purchased to replace the original system.

In other words, is the original base compatable with both types of cameras?

Sytlistme
Guide
Guide

Yes you can use Arlo Pro 2 with Arlo base (first generation)

Rodolphe

dplawrance
Guide
Guide

What is needed to upgrade one or more Arlo Pro cameras /Arlo Pro base to include Arlo Pro 2 features?

dplawrance
Guide
Guide

Is there an upgrade path from Arlo Pro to Arlo Pro 2?