Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
JCab007
Aspirant
Aspirant

BretD wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Leto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo 2 Pro be sold at Costco similar to the Arlo Pro?

espinaldany
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will the Arlo Pro 2 record in 1080p without sacrificing too much bandwidth when uploading to the cloud yet maintain good battery life?
Fanbian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does arlo pro 2 has all the features by connecting the camera to the solar panel (alert zones and continuous recording)?
hiepd02
Aspirant
Aspirant
Most questions answered in this thread. I want to win Arlo pro 2!
justinml
Aspirant
Aspirant

What kind of security does the Arlo Pro 2 have to prevent people from hacking into the video feed?

Ashley6561
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently own the Arlo Pro's for my business which are absolutely awesome except for what I spend a year in batteries because I don't want to climb ladders nightly to change thenm out with rechargables. Anyhow, I have 2 questions, will the ARLO Pro 2 be available with a 4pack or do I have to buy them in 2's only. Also will they work with my regular Arlo Pro cameras or do I have to start from scratch again. I certainly hope not? 

Please enter me in "Re: Win an Arlo Pro 2 Kit – Ask Us Anything About Arlo Pro 2!"

jjuarez79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
Hoping for camera speaker audio decibel improvement in new AP2. Is volume in new Arlo Pro 2 two-way camera speaker louder? I live on busy street and ambient noise seems to drown voice coming through camera speaker. Other than that I can’t think of anything else that would need modifying. Thanks Arlo!
bogss
Aspirant
Aspirant

What new features does the arlo pro 2 have over the arlo pro?

Franses_ivette
Aspirant
Aspirant
What are the available Arlo Pro 2 subscription plans? Is there any change on how much cloud storage is available?
DavidHo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does Arlo Pro 2 have the same field of view as the Arlo Pro or wider, since it has 1080p resolution?
Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
Will the Arlo Pro work with Arlo Pro 2.. Arlo Pro works great.
bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please enter me in Arlo Pro 2 give away contest.

Thank You,

Bob

jbreck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Love the ArloPros we have and want to expand our system.

With the ArloPro2  24/7 CVR recording:

1) is there a yearly charge as is there is with the ArloQ cameras?

2) If yes, is it the same fee [approximately $100 yearly per camera]?

3) Can it work outside as long as it's plugged in with the outdoor plug?

4) Where do we buy an outdoor plug? ArloPro2 accessories shows no outdoor plug for sale.

Please enter us in the sweepstakes.

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has there been any improvement towards the size of the CMOS sensors vs previous model that had 1/3 CMOS sensor? hd-image-sensor-size-comparison.jpg

DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will my mew Arlo Pro2 support the outdoor AC adapter available for the Arlo Pro ?
Damian
Warren11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sign me up! 🙂

ec2
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. Does the Pro 2 use the same battery as Pro 1?

2. Does the optional solar panel count as 'ac power' for the continuous recording? Or does it just trickle charge the battery?

3. Whatever the source that counts as a/c, what happens if you lose ac power but were set up for continuous recording? Will Arlo Pro 2 default to a backup limited-time motion capture setting like Arlo/Pro typically does? If not, what does happen?

4. The Pro 2 will have activity zones; will Zones be a feature that is finally provided to the other editions of Arlo camera? 

5. As other posters have asked, will there be any way to upgrade (or get a discount) to Pro 2 if you already own Pro 1? 

Thanks!

JSlaughter79
Aspirant
Aspirant

What would you say is the biggest advantage Arlo has over it's competitors such as Nest, LG, Logi Circle and Blink?

Montana1
Tutor
Tutor

Has there been any field testing to determine if steam from hot tubs affect the camera operation or battery life?

MCADVENTURES
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please enter me in the contest to win Arlo Pro 2 camera(s).  I JUST purchased the Arlo Pro 2 two camera system and the 720p clarity would not aid me in identifity a perpetrator.  The 10 second record time captures too little too late - thank you.

LeNoir
Star
Star

This is my entry for the sweepstakes to win the Arlo Pro 2 kit.

I'm looking forward to the new model and pleased to learn the battery and charging station is compatible with both Arlo Pro 1 & 2.  

gamester5
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro 2 - Would love to win this since I need to upgrade 2 of my 720p cameras to 1080p. In a side by side comparision of the base stations I don't see anything to:

1) Improve distance range of the base station to the cameras.

2) Faster base station, more memory / faster processor.

Rocky71092
Tutor
Tutor
Excited the Arlo Pro 2 came out, was wondering if you guys will enable Apple HomeKit soon, thank you!
Marbleman12
Aspirant
Aspirant

can multiple Arlo pro 2 cameras be viewed at the same time on my samsug smart tv?