Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
KLJOHN
Initiate
Initiate

Do the Arlo Pro 2 cameras work and have full Arlo Pro 2 functionality on an Arlo Pro base station?

stanjoan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ario Pro 2 How long will the camera record before the battery needs to be charged

hagarwon
Aspirant
Aspirant

My router is in my basement.  I'm concerned that the outdoor Arlo Pro 2 cameras will not have a good wifi connection because of this.  Is there a way to either boost the wifi signal or move the base station to another floor, and if so, would it be better to place the base station on the 1st, 2d or attic floor?

gw773606
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's the lowest and highest temperatures that this has been tested.  I live in a cold climate and I would like to know how how it will perform in reasonable winter weather (20's - 30's F) and extreme cold like 0F.

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TBMK, the Pro2 is the same op temp range of the Pro... The Pro is rated to -4 F

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You place the base unit for the best location/signal to your cameras....

You can move the base by ethernet cable ( to 100m ) or you can use a wifi extender on your main floor ( it will need an ethernet port ) and plug the base into that.

Or run more than one base unit...there is no limti to number of bases on any service level

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same battery as the Pro , so about the same re usage amount

Curtvon1
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

?

venkin
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

I have the old Arlo Base Station and 2 cameras. Can I add the new Arlo Pro 2 (HD) cameras to the same Base Station?

doctorrockokc
Initiate
Initiate

Can I add an Arlo Pro 2 cameras to an existing Arlo Pro system?

flaharty58
Initiate
Initiate
What's the difference between Arlo Pro and the Arlo Pro 2 just purchased the Arlo Pro this week not happy you have a newer version if I know would of waited
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro-2/default.aspx

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/default.aspx

NeoNaya
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does the 24/7 recording work for the new Arlo Pro 2 plugged in. Is this feature included in the 7 days of free cloud recording?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 24/7 recording is an optional service ( paid ) called CVR

https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-get-it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

FancyMonkey
Guide
Guide

I just bought the 4 camera Arlo Pro kit 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if the Pro 2 is worth $200 more for basically 1080p. All my cameras are mounted outside, so having continuous power is not really an option, which means I wouldn't really be able to use the continous recording, or the 3-second replay option either. It basically just buys me 1080p. If anyone has suggestions I would be very grateful. Thank you.

pepper1947
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the diffference between the Orlo Pro & Pro2 ??

i do not see a comparison between the two!!

Bartholomew
Initiate
Initiate

Please enter me in "Re: Win an Arlo Pro 2 Kit – Ask Us Anything About Arlo Pro 2!"

carr084
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very excited for the new model!

grobert58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this camera stad to extreme cold and heat tempatures to have outside the house and does the case stand the direct sun as well ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The P2 has the same general environmental config as the P1.
Kudo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there Arlo Pro 2 base the same base from Arlo Pro 1?  Can I just buy the Arlo Pro 2 camera and add to the older base?

MMakoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kudo wrote:

Is there Arlo Pro 2 base the same base from Arlo Pro 1?  Can I just buy the Arlo Pro 2 camera and add to the older base?

not sure if i understand you correctly, but if you have the arlo pro 1, then you can just buy the pro 2 cameras as an add on. the base is the same in the 1 and 2.