Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Artg22
Follower
Follower

Will there be a paid subscription available for pro 2 after 1.1.2024?

8 REPLIES 8
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

What do you mean?

Why would I want to pay a fee?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Artg22,

You can find more information about paid subscriptions and what will be available if you subscribe here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

JamesC

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Up to this point, I don't have a subscription & pay nothing

So far, I have received nothing from them.  I guess we'll see.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC, the webpage that you linked does not answer his question.

I have the same question. I have Arlo pro 2 cameras. 

Will I be able to subscribe to have my video clips stored On the Arlo cloud for a fee after January 1, 2024?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eric182 wrote:

Will I be able to subscribe to have my video clips stored On the Arlo cloud for a fee after January 1, 2024?

Folks with Arlo Secure Subscriptions will continue to get cloud storage for their VMC3030 and Pro cameras after their EOL date of 1 April 2023.  That is based on info in the "special offer" email I received from Arlo this week.

So the same should apply to the Pro 2.

IshmaelB
Apprentice
Apprentice

We all bought these Pro 2 cameras when cloud storage it was FREE.  That was part of the purchase price.

Arlo reneged on the purchase agreement.  The cams will still "work" they say, but without cloud storage and so are useless.

Arlo obviously can still support cloud storage, for a steep price.

That is FALSE ADVERTISING, which is ILLEGAL. 

I suggest you express yourself to support (which if try hard enough you'll get past the  bot) and vent.

Then contact the FTC and your Attorney General.

This is an outrage.

LabRat18
Initiate
Initiate

That page does not answer the question, it only provides pricing info on different plans and what those plans include. 

LabRat18
Initiate
Initiate

I’m angry too. I love my Arlo and have had it for 4 years but after purchasing a Pro 2 bundle with 4 cameras plus one additional camera, extra batteries, a battery charger, and the more secure camera mounts, I’m now going to be left with a system that is basically useless.  What’s the point of having video only on local storage? If a person were to break in and steal your computer system, there goes your video of the crime.  According  to https://kb.arlo.com/88 you will HAVE to purchase a subscription to get any kind of cloud storage, even with the purchase of the newest cameras. Is Arlo out to anger their customer base? 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation