Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will The Ultra Camera Work With The Pro 2 Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Panamacruz
Follower
Follower

I have a pro 2 system with 5 cameras. I’m looking to get a 4k system or two 4k cameras. Will a 4k ultra connect to my pro 2 base station and how many more cameras can I hook up to my base station.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Panamacruz,

At this time the Ultra 4k cameras only work with the Ultra Smart Hub, but you could replace the older base with the Ultra hub as the older cameras will work with the newer hub. Or you could keep the pro base and only connect the Ultra cmaeras to the new hub or thirdly, move all the cameras to the new hub and keep the pro base connected so that you have an indoor siren. The Ultra system has the sirens, if you want to call them that, inside each camera but not in the hub.

You will have to upgrade your subscription to use more than the 5 cameras you already own, but the new Ultra system gives you a free year of Arlo Smart Premier which is good for 10 cameras, although you will have to purchase the Premium Video Recording subscription if you wish to record 4k videos to the cloud.

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Panamacruz,

At this time the Ultra 4k cameras only work with the Ultra Smart Hub, but you could replace the older base with the Ultra hub as the older cameras will work with the newer hub. Or you could keep the pro base and only connect the Ultra cmaeras to the new hub or thirdly, move all the cameras to the new hub and keep the pro base connected so that you have an indoor siren. The Ultra system has the sirens, if you want to call them that, inside each camera but not in the hub.

You will have to upgrade your subscription to use more than the 5 cameras you already own, but the new Ultra system gives you a free year of Arlo Smart Premier which is good for 10 cameras, although you will have to purchase the Premium Video Recording subscription if you wish to record 4k videos to the cloud.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation