Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo ever be able to fully support all major browsers? 2K won't work properly on some.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I'm wondering if Arlo will every be able to fully support all major desktop web browsers? (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox). Currently this is what I have determined works and doesn't work on my iMac 

Chrome - Battery levels and on/off functions don't work properly. Not able to view 2K video

Firefox - Battery levels and on/off functions work but not able to view 2k video

Safari - Battery levels and on/off functions don't always work properly but viewing 2k video does

Edge - Not tested 

iPhone 8 - Everything works as expected. 

Note: Camera connections have always been a little sketchy. They don't always record the full length even when manually recording. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

I'm wondering if Arlo will every be able to fully support all major desktop web browsers? (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox). Currently this is what I have determined works and doesn't work on my iMac 

Chrome - Battery levels and on/off functions don't work properly. Not able to view 2K video

Firefox - Battery levels and on/off functions work but not able to view 2k video

Safari - Battery levels and on/off functions don't always work properly but viewing 2k video does

Edge - Not tested 

There are some bugs at the moment with the browsers related to battery (I haven't tried on/off lately).

The 2K issue is really on the browsers  - "when will Chrome play 2K HEVC videos?".  No idea if they ever will.  Edge will work on most PCs (those with HEVC GPU support), but requires a browser extension.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation