Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is my Arlo Pro2 really really slow to connect when I have good wi fi..

23 REPLIES 23
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SanmigQueen wrote:

Why is my Arlo Pro2 really really slow to connect when I have good wi fi..

It doesn't use your wifi, it connects to the base over the base wifi.

What exactly do you mean by "slow to connect"?

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve fully strength wi fi signal, but I have to wait as  the Arlo is really slow to connect so that I can see what’s happening. It takes a while to connect to my iPhone or pad. It’s like it’s slow to connect/ load. People have been & gone before  I  can see what’s happening.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet speeds, up and down, as measured by speedtest.net? Slow networking can cause this.

Javedk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same issue @jguerdat Download 81mbps, upload 61mbps. I have also added local storage usb3.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Perth-Bok
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem here too. Only the last week or so. It’s definitely not my internet speed as this runs At 100mbps. It’s slow to open the app and load the videos. Arlo Plse advise
SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m exactly the same as you. My broadband is really fast. I don’t know what the problem is, but it’s the same as yours, so it’s not just me & my Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the web browser & Mobile App? If on the App, what version are you currently running?

What Device/Model/OS are you using?

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS,

Ive the latest Arlo app, I’ve updated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SanmigQueen

What Device/Model/OS are you using?

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I phone & I pad with os 13.3 plus I’ve updated to the latest Arlo app. 
Thanks Shayne S

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SanmigQueen

Do you have any other pro 2 cameras to test this issue with as well?

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have 4 in total. The faulty one has a new battery fitted. The other 3 are ok plus all are fitted with a Arlo solar panel to keep them topped up with charge.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SanmigQueen

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your trying to help ShayneS. I contacted customer support & waiting for a rma number to return my faulty camera to them, but I’m still waiting and it’s ben a week.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SanmigQueen

Here is the number, please let me know if you have any questions.

RMA-668993

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you ShayneS. You’ve been a great help. Of course I’ll let you know how I get on.

Happy Holiday.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are welcome,

I will be here if you need further assistance, Happy Holidays! 

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks ShayneS. I will wait until after the holidays to action my RMA.

SadCustomer
Tutor
Tutor
Very Slow connection & No connection to Live View is an ancient unresolved tech problem with Arlo.
The product is fundamentally flawed with gaslighting sales reps & marketeers continuing to take unsuspecting new customers for a ride.
I’m looking for alternatives.
Seeking recommendations for alternatives.
SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo is saying there’s a base station firmware update, but nothing is happening. Why? I’ve done what it says, update, etc.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I started having the same issues since the latest mobile update. Connecting to my pro 2 (which is always plugged in) can sometimes take 1-2 minutes. While it's trying to connect to the live screen, the screen on my iPhone 8 becomes frozen. Once it finally connects, the screen becomes unfrozen. This behavior has happened in the past but from what I remember there was an app update that fixed it. Apparently the problem is back. I use 5 cameras ( pro and pro 2) in which this occurs with.

Another issue is their latest app crashes on the initial launch. After the crash, it seems to load fine, except for the slow connection to the camera's live screen. Launching the app again, it will crash.

Using the cameras through my Chrome browser, the plugged in cameras show an orange badge telling me to set up activity zones. I already have the zones activated so I don't know why I see the orange badges. Before the phone updates, it was the opposite---the wireless cameras had the orange badges while the plugged in ones appeared fine.

Contacting support doesn't do much good since they tell you to do the basics in which I always do. These include removing the device from the network, taking out the battery and putting it back in, etc. None of these work and seems like a wast of time.

I've given Arlo almost $500 dollars in subscription fees so far. They keep coming up with new products but can't seem to get it right with their basic cameras.

My download speeds are about 150mbps and upload speeds about 10mbps

I'm going to stop complaining and look for alternatives..

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m always having all sorts of problems with mine, including what your having.

Im fed up with Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation