Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where exactly is the motion detector sensor in Arlo Pro 2 wifi camera?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Is it one of the light holes on the front of the camera? If so, then which side (left or right)? I am trying to figure out why one Arlo Pro 2 camera have not been automatically detecting motions to record for almost two days. Manual video stream worked fine. I checked the settings, power cycled, etc. I wonder if something is blocking its sensor len or whatever. I just need to find it to clean it if needed since it is outside with lots of sprayings and week old fires' smokes and ashes. I hope a few years old camera is OK and doesn't need to be replaced.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PIR is under the lens... dark area ( not the small light sensors on sides of lens )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I really think this is the result of poor software. I have had this problem often over the past couple of years, and it seems the only solution is to delete the camera and re-sync them. After I do that to mine, the motion detections work again. It's a royal pain as it's usually the one that's furthest up in height and I have to break out the ladder. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PIR is under the lens... dark area ( not the small light sensors on sides of lens )

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ShaneLee wrote:

I really think this is the result of poor software. I have had this problem often over the past couple of years, and it seems the only solution is to delete the camera and re-sync them. After I do that to mine, the motion detections work again. It's a royal pain as it's usually the one that's furthest up in height and I have to break out the ladder. 

Often? Wow. I finally fixed it. I took out its battery and tried another battery. It works now. Weird! Maybe a bad battery even though it was 100%, but then you have the same problem. Anyways, try its battery next time you run into it.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

Thanks. 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

By pulling the battery, you reset the camera.... for what ever reason the camera wasn't reading your settings correctly

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

By pulling the battery, you reset the camera.... for what ever reason the camera wasn't reading your settings correctly

Yeah, that's annoying. Even a remote reboot didn't fix it before trying that. 😞

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation