Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Can not get a straight answer for this some say in some say out. When using the arlo outdoor power adaptor  to AC does the battery stay in or will it work with battery out?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

I think it is a good idea to have a working rechargeable battery in the camera, even when on AC power. Some Arlo cameras do not have a battery, and for these I maintain a smaller UPS system in line for each. I also provide a UPS to power critical networking components (Arlo Base station, Router, etc.).

By having some form of battery backup you have some coverage, for some period of time, in the event of a power outage (accident, natural disaster, bad guy trying to kill power, etc.). This can keep local recording functions working onto the backup UPS flash drive, or to you through the Internet, as long as your system continues to have Internet access.

M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

It will work with the battery out. 

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

We have been working on this for over a week, Trying different extensions etc Camera worked well for a long time then kept getting message it had no AC power to the outdoor power adaptor.  We found the problem We had three outlets  put in on the porch for pond pump, lights and camera. When my husband was  cleaning the pond he shut off the outlet for the pump and the camera stopped working.  He just realized the electrician installed the main switch for the camera outlet upside down so off is on and on is off. Hubby thought the main switch for the camera was on but it has been off. Boy do we feel dumb. Thank you all for the help.

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

I think it is a good idea to have a working rechargeable battery in the camera, even when on AC power. Some Arlo cameras do not have a battery, and for these I maintain a smaller UPS system in line for each. I also provide a UPS to power critical networking components (Arlo Base station, Router, etc.).

By having some form of battery backup you have some coverage, for some period of time, in the event of a power outage (accident, natural disaster, bad guy trying to kill power, etc.). This can keep local recording functions working onto the backup UPS flash drive, or to you through the Internet, as long as your system continues to have Internet access.

M

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation