Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Slow connection always misses the action

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Zibrz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone help me on this? I can’t get anything from Arlo “support”.
By the time there is a clip in the library after an alert is triggered, the action (like an intruder) is gone.  I’ve purchased a new Nighthawk router. I’ve purchased a new range extender. The base station is in The window of the same room as the router. It is in direct line- of-sight with the camera, 15 feet away. The signal at the camera is strong. Any advice would be really appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Zibrz

When did this issue capturing motion first occur? 

Zibrz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone help me on this? I can’t get anything from Arlo “support”.
By the time there is a clip in the library after an alert is triggered, the action (like an intruder) is gone.  I’ve purchased a new Nighthawk router. I’ve purchased a new range extender. The base station is in The window of the same room as the router. It is in direct line- of-sight with the camera, 15 feet away. The signal at the camera is strong. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Zibrz
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has always been an issue, since I first bought Arlo hardware 3 months ago.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Zibrz  The cloud recordings have to be processed by the Arlo server and then posted on the cloud so it wont be instant. Is the hub plugged into your router or wifi extender?

Zibrz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base is plugged directly into the Nighthawk router. Extender was added later. Should the base/hub be plugged into the extender?

dcfox1
Master
Master

The cameras connect directly to the hub on its own "closed" system so the extender has nothing to do with it unless you you plug the hub into it if it has a connection for the ethernet cable. 

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

As posted by others elsewhere in the Arlo Pro 2 (and maybe other cameras sections) I too am experiencing poor latency with recordings coming up, and with control of the system as I depart or return (not Geofencing), and accessing Arlo Q cameras that are also components of the system at a remote location.

I use an iPhone 11 Pro with current OS and Arlo app. Also use Web Browser. Something changed, again, at about the end of June or early July, likely on Arlo's end. 

At the moment this is not a reliable security system; a bad guy could enter, steal, and be gone before the recording comes available from Arlo to let the owner see who went by what and whether or not to call police.

Martin

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation