Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When "Wireless" is not so Wireless🤷‍♀️.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Darnielle
Initiate
Initiate

Hello my fellow Arlo users.. I have been very satisfied with the Arlo system and since purchasing my first system which consisted of 3 Pro 2 and their base, I have slowly added more and more, I now own a total of 8 cameras 3 being the above mentioned Pro2 and the rest being Arlo Ultras with their own base station. Yesterday I bought CVR for all 8 of my cameras and to my surprise, I quickly found out all 8 cameras needed to be plugged into AC power in order for the continuous video recording add on to apply. Now I have a few issues with this. First of all, when purchasing the Multi Camera systems, which are needed because they won't work without their hub, you purchase 3 cameras but only receive 2 chargers for said cameras, when purchasing a system with 2 cameras you only receive 1 charger for said cameras. Therefore already putting someone at a disadvantage to secure their premises. Which is why a security system is invested in, in the first place. Secondly if someone then needs to plug their security cameras in, in order to have a continuous record of any happenings or events. Why then is the system advertised as wireless?? I'm quite perturbed.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Darnielle wrote:
 I quickly found out all 8 cameras needed to be plugged into AC power in order for the continuous video recording add on to apply.

I'm quite perturbed.

I get the disappointment.  Hopefully you can cancel (or reduce) the CVR subscription, now that you have this information.

Here's the thing - CVR just requires too much power.  The battery would need to be swapped/recharged all the time if they enabled this w/o ac power.  It's just not practical.

Darnielle
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the support it's much appreciated.
I do have another query though.... Through your answer I can understand now why the cameras need to be plugged in to AC power, but again there is yet another troubling fault in what is on offer. You see, when buying a package, which indeed one must do to start off with, or when purchasing a higher rank of camera, I.e going from Pro2 to Ultras, you receive one less charger than what is needed... I.E when purchasing a system with 3 cameras you only receive 2 chargers, I know this because Iv purchased 2 systems, and both times I received 1 less charger than what was required. If Arlo could rectify this situation it'd be a more satisfying purchase for new customers.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation