Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I am seriously considering returning this entire system. It's ridiculous that we have been this long without any fixed. Netgear isn't transparent about anything, tech support is useless and knows nothing. PLEASE netgear, tell us when you expect these bugs to be worked out. The apps are broken, the website is broken in many browsers. How are we supposed to even use this system? 

I have a $700 system that I am going to want a refund on very soon if not. Plus a $100/year subscription.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you give us more information about the problems you're having?

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Seriously?  I am not having issues that hundreds of others are not. Everything Netgear broke in the updates back in October, and still haven't fixed. 

Just to name a few:

1. Schedules don't match either the app or the web version. This has been an ongoing issue and resulting in more complex schedules as a work around for the errors. I have to have a daytime mode, and a nightime mode (basically a copy of armed mode), as well as the armed mode and run all 3 at various times. (see problem #9 -- this makes re-adding camera back to the system even more of a pain because then I must changed all these unnecessary schedules). Mobile version times go to X:59, web version goes to X:00. I never know which one to believe and if they are both accurate it causes time overlaps resulting in my cameras going into DISARMED mode every night. I mean most of the point of these security cameras is to record and detect things that might be happening, like when you are asleep.
  2. Cameras don't always respect rules (for instance, Camera A motion should make Camera A and B record - and B motion should make B and A record. Same goes for Camera C and D). This only seems to work on my custom schedule that's basically a duplicate of ARMED mode. 
  3. There's no no way to even EDIT the web version on Mac Safari -- arrows are now gone.
  4. In full screen view, Safari only dispays the to half of the image -- this would be a CSS fix Netgear still hasn't done. I can easily fix it by altering the CSS that is loading in my browser, but I have to do that everytime to get live view in full screen.
  5. I have to reboot my base station every day because the only wired camera I have displays an image appears scrambled at random times (started with the update). See example: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/64BF4154303D1B3B_201811
  6. Poor UX in the app. Multiple clicks just to get to the battery indicator. Web browser version, you can easily see these indicators, but you can't do much else anymore.
  7. You can't set zones and see the image at the same time. Makes it hard to get the zones in the right place. 
  8. Random events not recorded -- yet I get a notification.
  9. I have had to remove and resync 2 of my cameras twice because I would get no recordings, but get notifications. Ironically, these are the 2 cameras that are CLOSEST to the base unit.
  10. Live View is not really live view half the time - sometimes it displays static images.
  11. Those snapshots the app now updates (when it does update) are low quality images too.

I really could go on and on and problems and issues introduced late in October but it's beginning to be like a broken record. I just want them fixed, or I want to know what sort of timeline Netgear is on to fix these issue. I seems their only goal was to push out an update to incorporate new products into the app and the sacrifice of existing products and users, which I find unacceptable. 

It's beginning to be a total waste of time and energy. . I work in the online publishing industry, and we test all of our websites in multiple browsers/os combinations, and if Netgear had actually done any sort of quality control or testing, these updates would never have happened, or if they did, Netgear could just simply apologize and let users know they were working on fixes and the timeframes we might expect to see them. 

It's also not like this is a free service. I expect with all the money I have spent on this system, and the amount it costs for subscription fees, that Netgear should be more transparent about what's going on, or be held accountable. I am tired of things not working when they were working decently before the October update.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation