Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Setup The Arlo Pro 2 Six Camera Bundle

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Afm754
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried everything to get my 6th camera to sync and nothing works. Netgear/Arlo support is terrible and I keep getting the run around. Should be as simple as opening a port in the subscription of basic so that 6 cameras can be streamed at once and they just keep giving me the run around. First tech 2 support now engineering. Bad experience spending $1050 and cant even use all 6 cameras

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I haven't set up a 6 camera system, it appears that the directions weren't followed. You have to select the correct model or SKU, whatever the directions tell you to do, to have all 6 on your account and active. At this point, since the 6 camera system only works for a new account, you'll need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh with a different email address.

Afm754
Tutor
Tutor
Nope not the case. I tried a new account two different times and it didnt work. Also, there is no way to input any sku upon setting up the account. it simply syncs the base station and you go through syncing cameras. I went through instructions multiple times and there isnt anything specific
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's not SKU, then it must be the model number. Can you verify that the model number is being selected? Shooting blind here. 

Edit: what country are you in? Maybe it's not supported where you are.

russday
Tutor
Tutor

No it has nothing to do with a SKU, special code or any other "trick".  There is nothing published about any of this.  I have the same problem, these kits just don't work.  I bought kits (yes plural) in Canada at Best Buy.

The registration process using the Arlo App is the same no matter what camera bundle you buy.  You register the base station to an email account and then start adding cameras.  The app tells you how to do this step by step, insert the battery, hold down the sync button to get the LED flashing blue (which is wrong, you just have to press it momentarily) and it finds the camera.  It then asks you to name the camera.  Once its named the camera you have an option to sync another.

I set one six pack up after my four pack locked up during an update.  That six pack would only register 5 of 6 cameras.  I was told by support that you have to register the set to a new email address.  Tried that, it didn't work, the same thing happened, 5 of 6 registered.  Called customer support who told me that they have a known problem with some of the 6 camera sets, they opened a case for me... waited a week and no response. 

Back to Best Buy I went, returned that 6 pack of cameras.  Then a few days later they went on "sale" for two hundred dollars less than what I paid a week before.  I picked up another set tonight, worked through the Arlo app, using ANOTHER new email address, plugged in the base station, registered it and yet again could only get 5 of 6 cameras to work on the "basic" subscription.

There is no option at the end of syncing the cameras to select a subscription option that allows you to register a sixth camera under a six camera set; no opportunity to enter a special code, SKU or anything else.  The only option is the "basic" plan with 5 cameras on it.  I have a hard time thinking there should be a special step or code entry since the system should know that the base station was sold with a six camera set based on the base station's serial number.

Is Netgear is expecting that people wait until they come up with a fix?  That's as stupid as Ford or Chevy selling a car with a six speed transmission that will only shift into five gears.  "We're working on it" doesn't cut it.

Unless I can get a reasonable answer to this problem in the next day it'll be another set going back to Best Buy.  Time to move on to a competitor's product.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@russday wrote:

No it has nothing to do with a SKU, special code or any other "trick".  There is nothing published about any of this.  I have the same problem, these kits just don't work.  I bought kits (yes plural) in Canada at Best Buy.

Not sure but you may have identified the problem - using in Canada. I'm not at all sure but the 6 pack on the free plan may only be available in the US.

Afm754
Tutor
Tutor
I will be honest and say Netgear gave me the run around for a few days and were not helpful initially, nobody knew what to do and it was alot of wasted time.. They stated this is in fact an ongoing problem with the 6 camera pack with no current solution.. In the end they told me to upgrade my basic plan to a paid plan and they would reimburse me for the charges of the upgraded plan once there is a fix by their "engineers". I was first escalated to "Tech 2" support then "engineering" needed to be the ones for the fix. So now I am on an upgraded plan (paid plan) for my 6 camera pack so that I can at least use them all like I paid to do so. I fought quite a bit for them to come to this alternative resolution and there is still no fix
Cinca0989
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in the United States and I am also experiencing this "issue". Customer support was not helpful as they told me to return the unit and buy another that supported the basic plan.

The box of the 6-pack should include a sticker that says "Free Cloud Recording - only 5 of included cameras apply". The basic plan is mentioned all over the box, but nothing about the 5 camera limitation. It's not beyond my budget, but I'm not at all pleased that the 6th camera is held hostage for an additional $120 a year.
russday
Tutor
Tutor

My camera set is Canadain, bought it at Best Buy here.  The six camera sets have been sold by them in Canada for years now, at least starting with the Arlo Pro.  

The reason I bought the Arlo set is because so many of my co-workers have bought them (six camera sets) and had no difficulty, and have them running under the same subscription as in the US - the "basic" free subscription.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen the setup directions that came with the set. Can you post shots of them for us to see? If you prefer, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation