Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TheBigD
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the latest hardward version for Arlo Pro 2? I've recently purchased 2 cameras and their hardward version is displayed as H4. Just interested to see how this compares to others. Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Went and checked, got a few H3s

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TheBigD
Aspirant
Aspirant

When did you purchase your devices out of interest? Mine are Oct 2018 vintage... 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob a year+ old now...

Morse is faster than texting!
Badabing284
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am curious to know why there is such a range on Hardware versions between the same model?? It actually worries me that different hardware versions have different behaviors...

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras that are all listed as H3. Does anyone know the difference??

gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bumping this. 

Does anyone know if the H4 is better than the H3 in any way?

I am thinking of getting the Arlo pro 2 and wondering how you can tell the hardware version by just looking at the box?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't tell. ANd the difference in hardware version likely just means nothing substantial has changed in the design considerations but may just be some different components or a different manufacturing plant.

gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks very much for the info. I was wondering if it had any slight improvment on the night vision. One user suggested so. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't expect so other than on a batch by batch basis with some batches having the same components but slightly different actual specs.

gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks. I think you have it right there. 

gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got 2 Arlo pro 2 camera's in March 2019 and they are both H4 hardware. But I also think they have been on the shelf at my local store for a few months. Seems like H4 rolled out late 2018. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I think all of my Pro 2 cameras are H3, including four I purchased late last Fall (2018).  

Sadly the versions are not very helpful for users.  I have Pro cameras at H6 & H7.  Original Arlo cameras at H7 and H11.  Arlo Q Plus at “6” with no H.  It would be nice if somewhere, the app actually mentioned what model camera it was.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation