Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
john2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was notified of motion by arlo.  I started the app and started the camera manually.  

The library only shows a still from that timeframe, although the meta data shows 55 seconds was recorded.  I would like to see what arlo recorded when I was first notified. (no library filters are set and there is another later video recorded)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try downloading it and use the free VLC viewer. Any better?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try downloading it and use the free VLC viewer. Any better?

john2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - worked like a charm.  Actually on my iPhone the video was accessible in the photos app. Very easy.

Billnopus7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Forgive me, having the same issue here. Are you saying that we now have to download every video before watching it now? It worked great before the last firmware update. If I have someone breaking in, this seems like a long process in a moment of crisis. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks, Bill
john2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Bill,

Apparently that is the case.  I unexpectedly had a visitor that triggered my camera.  When I received the notification, I manually triggered the camera to see what was going on. I think you would agree that is a normal reaction.

In going back to review the video that triggered the notification, I was presented with a still photo and meta data saying that there was 55 seconds of video. Based on comments from this board, apparently now the video is only available as a download.  Should this have been a true break-in, I agree this is a cumbersome process.  Further frustrating is that even though I spent a lot of money on these cameras,  since I dont have a subscription, customer support was not interested in hearing about the issue.

Dannybear
Master
Master
My personal opinion is that this is a bug that should be addressed. Only appeared recently.

Eg. If you use the web portal with a browser you should be able to play the problem video.
Where the iOS app version at least will not play it unless you save it to photos. This is a workaround only.

Unfortunately you are unable to raise a fault case unless you have a subscription plan.
PilotRexT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, that’s not a “solution”, that’s a workaround. This is most definitely a bug. Unfortunate that it selectively occurs on the videos that are likely of greatest interest to users - i.e. when they manually extended a motion detection recording because they wanted to see what was going on in real-time.

Glad there’s a workaround, but this should get fixed.
Dannybear
Master
Master
When I checked it again today it was working correctly.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation