Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adzify106
Star
Star

So I'm a bit baffled.  My new Arlo Pro 2 cameras LED will flash orange when using the Motion Detection Test feature.  However when the system is Armed the LEDs do not operate at all.

When I first set the system up, prior to any camera firmware updates both camera LEDs would blink Blue if I used the Live Stream to monitor manually.  When the system was Armed the LED would blink Orange when motion was detected.  Now I get nothing, I liked it when they activated as it would be an additional deterrent.

I tried checking the settings to see if something had changed.  Under Settings>Camera LED there is a setting called 'Battery Fully Charged Indicator' which is set to 'ON'.

What does your Camera LEDs do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the LEDs doesn't activate when armed. It is doable but you have to convince Arlo to put that as a feature.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

The LEDs will flash orange when you're using the Motion Detection Test. This lets the user know that it's detecting motion. It will doesn't flash/light up orange when armed.

adzify106
Star
Star

Ok so if I'm reading this correctly you are saying the LEDs will not activate for Motion when armed?  Seems like it should be an option..

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the LEDs doesn't activate when armed. It is doable but you have to convince Arlo to put that as a feature.

adzify106
Star
Star

Yes, I would like potential intruders to know my cameras are watching and working.  I have posted it to the idea exchange if anybody else would like the feature as well:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Activate-Camera-LED-for-Motion-amp-LIVE-View/idi-p/...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation