Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Frustrated101
Star
Star

This really should be under a category for the website, but since my cameras happen to be Pro 2 I guess this is the only place you can put the issue. The issue is that I can't view live stream from the website. The primary 3 things that happen are 1. The picture will just freeze randomly. 

2. While viewing live and usually after the first item happens, the website will take that camera back to the option to click on live again.

3. The website will log you off saying your session has timed out. Now what's interesting about this issue is it didn't show up until I stopped paying for CVR on one of my cameras. I have to admit to Arlo that's a good comeback to telling someone they aren't going to pay more money for no support, we can mess you up. 

But how can I get someone who can look into these or act like they care at least? 

7 REPLIES 7
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

In order to offer any assistance, I suspect the first questions will be about your environment. 

What browser (product and version) are you using and on which platform are you using the browser? (Product, OS and OS version)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, the web has always timed out after a period of inactivity. I just tested this for another user and found the timeout to be 30 minutes.

Frustrated101
Star
Star

I've seen it on Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132, i.e. explorer version 11.1331.16299.0, and Chrome which I don't have the version number right now because that's another computer. Both computers are on Windows 10. This one is on version 1709.

Frustrated101
Star
Star

So, this means the website knows it's not playing the live video and that counts as inactivity vs when the video is playing that counts as inactivity and I would be able to have it playing my whole work day without timing out.

@jguerdat wrote:

In addition, the web has always timed out after a period of inactivity. I just tested this for another user and found the timeout to be 30 minutes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Live view times out due to battery-operated cameras - gotta save the batteries.

Frustrated101
Star
Star
Both of my cameras are plugged in. And this didn't happen with CVR paid for I mean enabled on them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The timeout still occurs since the system is based on battery cameras. Plugging them in doesn't matter. Only the Baby camera will continue to stream.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation