Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is on Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome (v 89.0 64 bit) and with popups allowed for the site.  If I have 100 videos in a day and select them all to download, I usually get fewer than 100.  Sometimes it might download all 100, but sometimes it's 96 or some other number.  This seems to be more  of a problem with today's videos where it only seems to download half of them.  I have 12 cameras of various types (Q, Q-Plus, Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2).  How do I download all of my videos without this happening?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the past I was using a Python script to download all videos (2FA breaks it) and found that there were times I had to rerun it to get all videos. The script at least skipped existing files so it was painless but I can see that downloading like this would be problematic.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have a new python script I wrote that first requires you download all videos via the web interface (which provides the 2FA), then it renames to a readable date, reads the SN, adds a friendly name to identify the camera, and places the videos into folders by date.  However, it does rely on "Select All" and "Download" to do what they say they do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So this isn't the one someone else wrote years ago that I have been making available? Or is this a renaming script? Others have been suggesting this to me but I'm not a programmer. I'll PM you my email address if you want to share.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I was using a modified version of the one you provided, but when 2FA caused it to stop working, I wrote my own.  It converts the epoch time to something readable, uses MediaInfo to extract the camera serial number and then replaces that with a friendly name that you provide (via dictionary) in the script.  I will send it to you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation