Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
randyc262
Initiate
Initiate

The videos from my Arlo cameras no longer show up in the Library. I do, however, get notices that motion has been detected. I think my firmware is up-to-date.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@randyc262 wrote:

I believe that I have the Ultra/Pro 2 w/ the Arlo Smart Hub. This problem has just recently occurred within the last several days. I do not have a subscription (my trial subscription expired months ago). I use local storage with a flash drive and and was able to retrieve short recorded video bursts prior to this recent issue.

If you are using Android App there is a bug preventing access to Local storage with the lasted Android App update 3.5.1 on July 20th that may be your issue. Arlo is working on a fix. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@randyc262 wrote:

The videos from my Arlo cameras no longer show up in the Library. I do, however, get notices that motion has been detected.

This is with Pro 2 cameras?  Or newer models (Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 4, Essential)?

With the newer models, the most frequent cause is that the trial subscription has lapsed. You need a subscription to get cloud storage for every Arlo camera released after 2018.

randyc262
Initiate
Initiate

I believe that I have the Ultra/Pro 2 w/ the Arlo Smart Hub. This problem has just recently occurred within the last several days. I do not have a subscription (my trial subscription expired months ago). I use local storage with a flash drive and and was able to retrieve short recorded video bursts prior to this recent issue.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same problem with one of my set of 4 cameras. Two are outside and one of them is not storing the video to the library for review. The other outside one is working properly. In addition, it appears that the videos placed in the library prior to today for the camera have disappeared. I am having multiple alerts from both outside cameras today; I receive alerts; I receive email notifications for both of them. I can click and review the video from the email link, but only one camera’s videos are showing up in the library.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@randyc262 wrote:

If you are using Android App there is a bug preventing access to Local storage with the lasted Android App update 3.5.1 on July 20th that may be your issue. Arlo is working on a fix. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@KKS-Col wrote:

I am having the same problem with one of my set of 4 cameras. Two are outside and one of them is not storing the video to the library for review. The other outside one is working properly. In addition, it appears that the videos placed in the library prior to today for the camera have disappeared. I am having multiple alerts from both outside cameras today; I receive alerts; I receive email notifications for both of them. I can click and review the video from the email link, but only one camera’s videos are showing up in the library.

What model are the cams not showing up in the Library. As StephenB posted newer cams then the Pro2 need a subscription for cloud recordings if your trial expired. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

These cameras were purchased and installed in 2017. Subscription not required. The camera with videos being recorded in the library is the exact same model as the one whose videos are not showing up in the library. This change showed up today. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Also, I am using an iPad, not an Android app.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

It appears the problem has corrected itself. I now am seeing the recordings from both cameras in my library. This includes the ones from the past few days that “disappeared” this morning. I can see them again. Maybe a “cloud” problem?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation