Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

1. I will get a notification in the app, but once I go to the library there’s no video

2. Sometimes there will be video, I’ll watch it but minutes later, they’re gone

3. Highlighted day is only TODAY. Although the dates scroll, I can’t select any othern day. So I don’t know if the videos from the past 7 days ares till there.

40 REPLIES 40
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

trastephenson,

To add to what jguerdat mentioned, There was a partial outage yesterday, this may have affected library recordings & live streaming. Does this issue still exist?

SandiW
Initiate
Initiate
It appears to be working again.
As a new subscriber, does this happen often?
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

There are lots of things broken with Arlo right now. They do appear to be working on them but I think you can expect to have lots of issues. For example this is a short list of stuff happening to me: 

• Cameras go offline for hours at a time, no motion, no recording, no anything but they appear as online in the app
  • Corrupted videos in library
  • Corruption and lag in live view
  • Missing audio from recordings
  • Notifications delayed, taking 30+ seconds to be delivered

My cameras are plugged in but lots of other people using battery power have reported rapid battery drain issues. Sometimes it feels like there is more broken with Arlo then there is working correctly.

DanKorony
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had this happening for a few weeks with no luck fixing it. I still cant believe all the issues ive had with arlo in just my short 3 month stint using their cameras. I have spent 10-15 hours of my time just talking to arlo support for various issues. The worst is the fact that i was overcharged about 5k on my credit card- was told it would be resolved in 2 weeks 2 months ago....never recieved any calls back on the matter. Eventually i just disputed the charges with my cc company but unfortunately i had 700$ on my debit card that still hasnt been refunded. Im very surprised a company like netgear would allow stuff like this to happen. This really seems like a shady service, and on the cusp of being a scam.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DanKorony,

I have sent you a PM regarding this matter, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

rjtchris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I received my basic Arlo system (older generation cameras, no audio). When I look into the libray using a smartphone (Android) there are no videos in the library. But when I go to the libray using Firefox on a computer running Linux the videos are there. I thought I would be able to to access the library regardless of what I use (computer, smartphone, tablet).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure the app doesn't have a filter set in the library - the funnel icon at the top should be empty, not filled in. If filled, click on it and reset and save the setting. That will show all videos from all cameras.

Azmatt125
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone have an issue with video not showing for just the Arlo Security Lights?

Have Arlo Pro with 3 standard cameras, all work as expected. But when I connect the Security Lights I do not get any video. The cameras show connected in the add, but I have no live view or recorded videos after receiving the notification.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Azmatt125

Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again?

stubblejumper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.  Missing video in library all devices.  I receive email when motion detected, but library is empty.  

3531Lantern
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our Arlo library, which is free for 7 rolling days, has stopped saving the videos.  I "need" this to maintain the property!!!  

Will look to return this expensive failing system if not resolved in a timely manner.   Suggestions welcome!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Browser or app?
Wallyha
Initiate
Initiate
It was on my phone so, app.
stubblejumper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was finally able to get the app working by downloading a new version. However, browser still not working.  Safari + Chrome

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Recent posts suggest clearing the browser cache/history and logging in again.
Mikrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those of you who are having issues with this base being offline or not storing video I fixed my issue after realizing that the base is not comaptibile with 2.4GHXZ..if you have dual band router switch to 5.4GHZ and all will be well. My doorbell connected right away and all cameras. 

Discussion stats