Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video settings recording area affect motion detection? Getting too many false notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does changing the recording area in video settings, affect motion detection? I'm hoping it will, I get too many false hits, but if I reduce sensitivity, I'll miss what I really want!

I'm asking because it does not appear to. Also took me awhile to realize that motion sensitivity in the Device Utilities - Motion Detection Test wasn't doing anything, have to change that stuff in the Mode - Armed - Rules!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing the video zoom has no effect on detection. This is because the zoom is a digital cropping of the video sensor while the PIR sensor, which is separate, has no capability of being cropped. 

Your best bet may be to reposition the camera to eliminate the source of the false triggers. An Arlo Smart subscription could be useful since it would allow the use of zones to reduce notifications.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing the video zoom has no effect on detection. This is because the zoom is a digital cropping of the video sensor while the PIR sensor, which is separate, has no capability of being cropped. 

Your best bet may be to reposition the camera to eliminate the source of the false triggers. An Arlo Smart subscription could be useful since it would allow the use of zones to reduce notifications.

BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's just the tech details I needed and suspected . Unfortunately the camera placement is limited due to the need to access to recharge battery. I didn't realize I could get cloud activity zones, even with battery, by using Arlo Smart, I'll have to think about that. Meanwhile I've reduced sensitivity, but far I've also lost some wanted notifications. Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation