Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras lose connectivity following firmware update. Tried rebooting Base, removing battery, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stewartb40
Follower
Follower

Five cameras, all have worked reliably for four years. Three days ago four of the five needed charging. When I plugged the batteries back in all four got a firmware update. Since then I have not been able to restore all five to connected status at the same time. The fifth has not received the firmware update and continues to work fine.

I have: rebooted the base station, removed and replaced batteries, bought new batteries, removed and re-added devices, etc. Each individual camera will connect but within minutes the base station shows disconnected from the internet and then all cameras will disconnect and not reconnect, ever. This is as seen both on the mobile app (Android) and from a desktop computer (Chrome). 

Is there a way to roll back to previous versions of the firmware? The base station itself is at latest version, I've confirmed that.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no way to roll back firmware versions. I wonder if your issue is the old base (VMB3000) with newer cameras (VMC4030). It's possible that this combination has issues. Start by removing a camera and resyncing it. If that improves the situation, repeat for all cameras. A final straw to grasp would be to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If doing this, be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation